Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Upgrade for VE SSV

rorywalker_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE G8 SSV
Hey all,
Just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with upgrading brakes to stop squealing? Mine currently squeal at even the slightest touch of the brake and had them checked, mechanic says they're fine and it is a common problem.
Don't want to spend more than $1500, would it be best to upgrade just the fronts to HSV/Brembo's or is it worth just changing all 4 calipers?
Any advice would be awesome!
Cheers
(Sorry if there is already a thread for this, had a look but couldn't see any!)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
You don't need to go to a big brake package if you got squealing brakes. Depending on your wear and tear you probably could just replace pads and maybe even rotors as a minimum spend.

If you are on the Gold Coast I've got a set off my SSV that have only seen an easy 30k km and the definetly don't squeal. Been to lazy to put them up on the spare parts section... maybe that will be my new years resolution!

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
With my SSV, I just upgraded the rotors to slotted and put in a decent set of pads (Ferodo) plus brake fluid and I now have a lot more confidence in pulling up the car quickly. Should be able to do all that for $1,500. Brakes are quiet with minimal dust.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the only problem with a brake upgrade (besides just doing pads and rotors) is the new wheels you need to clear the AP/Brembos

rorywalker_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE G8 SSV
Does anyone know If 20" King Malice wheels will clear the Redline Brembo upgrade?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
most 20" do, but have a look at the offset on the malice wheels and compare to the wheels that do, hsv or redline wheels or similar, just had a look and they turn inwards on the spokes, could be an issue, maybe contact kings, or you could go koya Bathurst wheels, still 18" but will clear big brakes

Last edited: