Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brakes issue this arvo (ve/f caliper) now fixed

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
another thing is the end of the safebrake hose is a fraction of a mm wider than the one on rubber hose it was a very tight fit only way to get in to place was by screwing the banjo bolt in and i thought i might strip the thread in the caliper

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i took it for a bit of drive a to bed them in no noises smooth the pedal feel spongy but will get better as for the old pads front and rear there been in for 5 years probaly could have left them in for another couple of years
fL3Ik5S.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Man I would have scuffed them old pads up on rough flat concrete then put them back in car...old heads trick for new & old pads lol

Can you tap or bend that bracket on strut for more angle?

Looks so uncouth like that it would annoy me & strict arse rego inspectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Man I would have scuffed them old pads up on rough flat concrete then put them back in car...old heads trick for new & old pads lol

Can you tap or bend that bracket on strut for more angle?

Looks so uncouth like that it would annoy me & strict arse rego inspectors.
no mate on the safebrake hose is made of rubber i tried but it just bends even when its on the ground where the one on the rubber hose is metal that came in the RDA kit which i do prefer
i had look at all the braided hoses online from different manufacturers to fit any vr/vs caliper they have all rubber maby it something to do with the braid vs rubber hose

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i had a play with the rubber grommets and i mange to get them fitting flat but they can pull out of the bracket so i had to use cable ties to hold
dPG0vLO.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I almost wonder if you have the wrong hose and caliper combination. These are my twin spot calipers safebrake hoses.
IMG-20230710-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20230710-WA0002.jpeg

You can clearly see the caliper is machined at an angle so the brake line clears the caliper and naturally angles towards where the strut would be. I'm 99.9% certain the brake hose should not run up the caliper.
IMG-20230710-WA0006.jpeg

Once the brake line is situated correctly you are supposed to lock the hose in using the bits of heat shrink.

dPG0vLO.jpg

That brake hose does not look to be sitting correctly, it's almost like it has a twist in it.

Attachments

• IMG-20230710-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20230710-WA0004.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And here are stock VX brakes, you can see how the factory brake lines are routed.
IMG-20230710-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20230710-WA0010.jpeg

The bracket on the inside of the wheel well where the brake line is located is angled, I wonder if you can modify the VS bracket to do the same potentially.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, I missed you had the VE brake upgrade. But it looks like you have the VT-VY brake upgrade hose kit.

If I was you, I would be modifying the brake caliper (file the side flat surface) to change the angle the brake hose sits at to replicate the factory hose routing.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
LOL, I missed you had the VE brake upgrade. But it looks like you have the VT-VY brake upgrade hose kit.

If I was you, I would be modifying the brake caliper (file the side flat surface) to change the angle the brake hose sits at to replicate the factory hose routing.
soon as i seen the pics mort i knew it was a vt-vz caliper and i could fit these too as i have the vt/mc/booster fitted and the hoses look similar but they do specified which caliper to fit it could do with the length

the banjo bolts and the hose ends are very tight i did check the width of the fitting with vernier caliper and the safebrake end is a fraction of a millimeter wider than the hoses that came with the rda kit

the edge on the safebrake ends are round where the rubber hose end is a strait i should have compared both ends before i install them i suppose i could have grinded a bit of medal of them but i do like the tight fit and there not marked right or left

Last edited: