Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brakes issue this arvo (ve/f caliper) now fixed

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i notice my brake peddle was sinking slowly on my way to woolies in very heavy traffic so had to keep pumping and using the hand brake but i got there check and found a big leak from the left front reservoir was low so i thought blown hose so i rang home for a rescue

had to get all the tools jack brake fluid torches and i had new safe brake hoses to do the job and woolies car park at warabrook is well lit and wasnt busy

when i went to undo the bango bolt it was loose and after i tighten it and tried the peddle it still sank slowly so i fitted the new hose, copper washes bled and got it home but my guess is it could have been the copper washes

tomorros job is to fit driver side hose and those pia clips, new brake pads arrived today as i was planing to do the brakes next month now im cooking tea after that little work out

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Replace your master cylinder.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Replace your master cylinder.
Might not be that simple. I bought the last new Ute PBR master a few years ago that was in known existence. The option now is Protex but they are an inferior unit, as is most Protex products.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
nothing wrong with the m/c havent touch the banjo bolt since i did the brake upgrade 9 years ago and i service my brakes every 2 years which is due doing this winter

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
fitted the the driver side braided hose from safebrake and went to woolies again to get some munchies to relax and watch the ashes on telly and yes its good having brakes again

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
nothing wrong with the m/c havent touch the banjo bolt since i did the brake upgrade 9 years ago and i service my brakes every 2 years which is due doing this winter
I rebuilt my brakes 5 yrs ago.

For the last 3 yrs, l'm gonna change the brake fluid, but l haven't got around to it yet.

Hopefully this year?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
I rebuilt my brakes 5 yrs ago.

For the last 3 yrs, l'm gonna change the brake fluid, but l haven't got around to it yet.

Hopefully this year?
i have a cheap air bleeder i brought from ebay about 5 years just make the job so easy come with a bottle you half fill it and stand in the m/c using the bleeder or syringe suck as much of the old fluid and fill with fresh from the bottle and i start from the left rear that take the longest just pull the trigger

this is it 20 odd bucks

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
fitted the the driver side braided hose from safebrake and went to woolies again to get some munchies to relax and watch the ashes on telly and yes its good having brakes again

Pfft, brakes are over rated....That's why you pay for insurance.... :)

Seriously....Glad it's all fixed.....

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i have a cheap air bleeder i brought from ebay about 5 years just make the job so easy come with a bottle you half fill it and stand in the m/c using the bleeder or syringe suck as much of the old fluid and fill with fresh from the bottle and i start from the left rear that take the longest just pull the trigger

this is it 20 odd bucks
[/URL]
I just use my wife to pump the pedal. She has cost me enough already so at least that way I get 20 bucks back:)