Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes pulsing - warranty or not ?

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Not sure if this post belongs here or in the "VY Issues".

My Crewman has done 64500 K's and the warranty runs out next month. The brakes have been pulsing for the last couple of months. I don't drive it hard. I'm getting a couple of other minor issues fixed under warranty next week and the dealer reckons that due to the K's, the brakes won't be covered - says that the pads should have been replaced by now (which they have) and the disks will have to machined at my expense.
What do ya reckon - warranty or not ?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Not sure if this post belongs here or in the "VY Issues".

My Crewman has done 64500 K's and the warranty runs out next month. The brakes have been pulsing for the last couple of months. I don't drive it hard. I'm getting a couple of other minor issues fixed under warranty next week and the dealer reckons that due to the K's, the brakes won't be covered - says that the pads should have been replaced by now (which they have) and the disks will have to machined at my expense.
What do ya reckon - warranty or not ?

Brake shudder, disc machine. Warranty? I'd say so.

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
Warranty for brake components ends at 60,000 so unfortunately your just out of luck.
Actually its 60,000 or first set of pads, which you are over the kms and passed the first set of pads

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
discs and pads are consumables they arent covered under warranty at all i thought.
Unless its a problem with braking system maybe??

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No warranty as they are components that are designed to wear out. Also you have changed the pads so warranty has run out anyway.

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Fyi

Bugga about the brake discs.............

They changed -

Steering wheel vol. controls
Shifter boot because it was split
Left rear window seal
Power steering rack (still had a clunk turning in and out of driveways after link rod bushes have have been changed) - Glad they picked that one up !

rossvy

Reaction score
sorry to highjack...cobra...do your crewman steering wheel control buttons illuminate at night with the lights on?...and if not, do you know if they can be done, and if it is just a matter of finding a loom, and just plug and play?...

incidentally, my wifes sv6 had the rotors and pads done at 58,000, and we were told that warranty on these goes only to 60,000....

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
My steering wheel buttons don't illuminate. I believe that it is more trouble than it's worth to achieve this - there aren't enough wires/contacts coming through the sterring wheel.
Contact "Phreddy" on this forum for more info.