Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes won't bleed

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Hey guys,
Wondering if you can help me. Trying to bleed my brakes. The front bleed up fine. But im not getting any fluid to the rear? It's a VN Executive V8.
Thanks Mike

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Yeah mate nipple cracks open. Front were bleeding fine. But no fluid was making it to the rear calipers.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
remove the nipple completely and make sure it's hollow and not blocked with dirt/dust etc

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yeah you should always bleed brakes starting at the furthest wheel from the brake booster/reservoir but like mentioned above, remove the nipple completely and see if the fluid pumps out then... If so, the nipple is blocked....

1989vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN
Make sure too that the rubber hose that goes to the brakes isnt blocked. I had a chev that had this prob. And it ended up being blocked bleeders and blocked rubber hoses. Some times those hoses get bent or kinked

1989vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN
Forgot to mention. On the rear brakes you have 3 rubber pipes two that go too the calipers 1 each side,and 1 before the diff

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Yeah all those hoses are brand new And the calipers re-built. Tried to bleed the back first. But wasn't getting fluid. So moved to the front just to see if fluid was going there. So went up to the master cylinder to try bleed that. The two front ports were fine. But nothing on the rear.