Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brand new SIDI SV6 Warranty

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey all,

As my topic heading says I have recently purchased a brand new SIDI SV6 and now i'm wanting to do a few visual modifications. Before I ring holden to confirm can anyone put forward what they have done and if it has voided any of there warranty or not.

I currently am looking at simple modifications of;

Lowering;
I am currently looking at pedders coils of;
Front coils - 2954
Rear ciols - 2955
(can be seen here http://www.pedders.com.au/PS_images/tradeNews/pdf/tn1174190702.pdf)
Has anyone else done this and can confirm it did not void there warranty and also how the handling and comfort is of the ride after lowering it and there experience.

Exaust System;
I am currently loooking at implementing in a complete new exaust system including extractors to allow for a deeep rich sound. I have not done an exaust system before so I am unsure on what to loook at here and i haven't rang around / loooked at shops online. Has anyone done this and can confirmi if it did or did not void there warranty and also what specifications they did for there exaust system and basically if they got the sound they desired.

Apart fromt hese I am just loooking at the usual modifications are;
mags
dark tint
replacing wing with a g8 "lip" wing
SSV black tail lights
and possibly the new SSV LED surrounding head lights also

Can anyone shine some light in regards to these topic points. I have read through a few and asked questions on one or two and had no response so I thought I would simply start up my own thread. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Samuel

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
whatever you do will void your warranty on THAT part only, or parts directly affected by it if proven. I've had mine lowered at dealership and that was their advice to me" you will lose your Holden warranty on suspension, but we will cover you for warranty on it as you are buying it from us" as in whoever does work has to guarantee against defects etc. etc. Don't do work if you can't get warranty replaced by another.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Okay, that makes perfect sense but i"m guessing thats goign to make a full exaust system trickey specially with extractors.

Can I ask how your ute handles after its been lowered and what springs holden put in foryou?

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
indeed. Regarding the lowering, Kings SSL, and i'm sitting on 19's it's a good riding height + it's legal; handles like a dream. se me back 700, and they done it the same day as i got my service done. Some might say pricey, but at least I can rest knowing it's done at the dealership.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Yeah, I am more then happy to go through holden so that warranty is in place and so forth. Only problem is that i'm only on 18's at moment, its not low profile though just standard tyres that came with it. thanks for your help I think i'll loook into it further, I really wanted to put on some extractors though

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Ssamuel another thing you should take into consideration is insurance, when you get it lowered it will depend on how low you go etc if it will effect you insurance, thought i would give you the heads up, don't think it will but its best to check.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
you can't yet, you will soon though from Di Filippo. I'm testing out a set on my ute now. Will let you know after friday (followup) how we go. You'd be looking around 3.5 grand for the complete setup.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey Andrew_guppz

I already thought about the insurance mob and since i'm on open licence no restrictions and rating 1 etc the modifications only increase my policy by 40 - 50 dollars per annum so i'm not to fussed about that at the moment but thanks for checking that with me.

SV6SidiUTE
ahh serious, i didn't realize they wern't available for the SIDI's yet. Please let me know how yours goes cause in regards to exaust i want a full system put on not just a system without extractors :( but sounds like i might have to just go with a new system not including extractors. and long as it sounds good for that 3.5 I am happy to do it :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I wouldn't buy anything from Pedders... their business is run with immoral tactics. I hate a-current affair type shows but the story they did on Pedders is 100% true. I went there with my VX (years ago) and they quoted me $3000 to get rid of a vibration. That quote came after the guy drove my car for 10 minutes and didnt even look under. Went to the local tyre shop and it cost less then $200 to repair.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Well yeah, I won't be going through pedders it'll all be done through Holden so that I can keep my warranty, apparently they now offer lowering of the vehicles but i do not know how low yet, I have to go in and talk to them about it