Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brand new SIDI SV6 Warranty

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I wouldn't buy anything from Pedders... their business is run with immoral tactics. I hate a-current affair type shows but the story they did on Pedders is 100% true. I went there with my VX (years ago) and they quoted me $3000 to get rid of a vibration. That quote came after the guy drove my car for 10 minutes and didnt even look under. Went to the local tyre shop and it cost less then $200 to repair.

You can't tar all Pedders stores with the same brush as it's a franchise business. I know plenty of people who won't go anywhere else and have an excellent relationship with their local Pedders store. Yes there's some shonky stores but that's the same with ALL businesses.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Yeah you're right there wikky. Then again, maybe the franchise HQ should have quality control with traineeship management of some sort so those things don't happen.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Yeah you're right there wikky. Then again, maybe the franchise HQ should have quality control with traineeship management of some sort so those things don't happen.

Agree 100%.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i got the pedders sportsryders installed pre delivery, and am very happy with both drop height and ride quality. no clicks or squeeks, very comfortable ride.

but if you are getting mags too, get them first. that way when it comes to setting the suspension right, pedders are doing it not some mag shop.
after a few thousand k's the suspension will settle a little, and you might need a little tweek to get it all aligned again.

but for a daily driver you cant go wrong with pedders. my previous cars have had everything from king springs to full dms coilovers. but last two have been pedders and ive been very happy. dont get me wrong, if you are looking to do track work there are better options, but for a small ride height reduction without too much compromise in ride quality, pedders are the go for sure.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Thanks for help UFO,

Had a look at your wagon loooks very nice. The only thing really scaring me now in regards to lowering it is that I am only riding on 18's where as everyone else has 19's / 20's. I was loooking at that suspension kit but i thought with my tyres and mags it would still loook high so i was going to drop it to kit 2?