Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

break lights not working at all

bindyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hello all,

I am about to blow up my VT! I have no brake lights in any gear, fuses are fine as are the globes. Was told it was the brake light switch and have replaced it. But i still have no lights. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any replies

:)

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Have you tested it with a multimeter? Is anything else not working? Try a new relay

KTM mad

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon SII
grab a multimeter and get crackin! the process of elimination is your friend! check for power at the brake switch. if its there, check at the brake light sockets( obviously when the brake pedal is depressed, and i'd probhave the key on too...) if you got power at the switch, and none at the socket, its obviously something in between. if there no power at the switch, go closer to the battery. check it either side of the fuse. just keep plodding along, testing where you can. trial and error my friend. if you got power everywhere, including the sockets, change the bulbs! they can do silly things sometimes

bindyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Thanks for all your replies! I will try all tomoz. And hope for the best :)

bindyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I have two switches and replaced the wrong one always the way