Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone or Michellin

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If I’m honest, I can’t hear any of your keyboards from here … not even those of you with those expensive gamer-culture clackey-clackey ones.

Obviously going deaf in my old age. :(

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Like I said before, no issues with cabin tyre noise in both the toyota daily and the family wagon, who cares what other people hear or any of your 4x4 bs, maybe you can try the new amplifon hearing aid as you fail to clearly hear what is said. :)
By the way ******* twin exhaust is much louder than any tyre rubber-bitumen-gravel **** :cool:

Like I said...You clearly know nothing and can't answer basic questions, so either run away VIN999 or answer the questions...Not a hard choice to make

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Like I said...You clearly know nothing and can't answer basic questions, so either run away VIN999 or answer the questions...Not a hard choice to make
Lol! I think you guys need to get a room and sort each other out!
I haven’t gotten in too deeply in this thread, but I noticed it was something vaguely to do with tyres, specifically Bridgestone and Michelin.
So if it’s of any value to anyone, I would like to say that my factory fitted (I think) Bridgestone Turanzas did 60,000Ks, which I’m really pleased with, although they were quite a harsh ride on our shitty roads. They seemed quite grippy even though they had done 60,000Ks and were down to the indicators (sort of). However, they were never really tested in the wet.
The replacements are Michelin Sport 4s, which are noticeably quieter and definitely provide somewhat of a less harsher ride. I’ve no doubt given the softer compound of the Michelin’s that they will not be as long a lasting tyre as the Turanzas, But hey! I’m no expert on tyres, so I guess I’ll wait and see.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Lol! I think you guys need to get a room and sort each other out!
I haven’t gotten in too deeply in this thread, but I noticed it was something vaguely to do with tyres, specifically Bridgestone and Michelin.
So if it’s of any value to anyone, I would like to say that my factory fitted (I think) Bridgestone Turanzas did 60,000Ks, which I’m really pleased with, although they were quite a harsh ride on our shitty roads. They seemed quite grippy even though they had done 60,000Ks and were down to the indicators (sort of). However, they were never really tested in the wet.
The replacements are Michelin Sport 4s, which are noticeably quieter and definitely provide somewhat of a less harsher ride. I’ve no doubt given the softer compound of the Michelin’s that they will not be as long a lasting tyre as the Turanzas, But hey! I’m no expert on tyres, so I guess I’ll wait and see.
Lol! Yeah, My old man taught us an important lesson growing up @ You cant negotiate with a terrorist ever or with a stubborn know it all. Guess no matter what real life facts produced you cant change their mentality even with medication, oh well its their loss. ;)

Your pretty spot on about the michelin, probably slightly better than the bridgestones overall, but hey im not tyre eggspert either like some people pretend to be , even old retired tyre fitters think they know everything today without any qualifications. ;)

The work hilux has dunlops on it at the moment with no noise/wear issues so time will tell on how well they go/wear compared to the other 2 brands.

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
The Michelin sport pilot 4 S I now run are the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on tire's still have plenty of tread but fight for traction in the dry & forget about wet weather. I'm going to a Vredstein ultrac vorti tire's if I can find them, absolutely the best tire I have ever had & that was on my WM Caprice.
I've scored some
The Michelin sport pilot 4 S I now run are the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on tire's still have plenty of tread but fight for traction in the dry & forget about wet weather. I'm going to a Vredstein ultrac vorti tire's if I can find them, absolutely the best tire I have ever had & that was on my WM Caprice.
Scored some Vredstein ultrac vortir for my WN Series 2 Caprice V, only problem I could only get 295/30ZR 19s so I'm hoping I can get them onto my standard rims

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've scored some

Scored some Vredstein ultrac vortir for my WN Series 2 Caprice V, only problem I could only get 295/30ZR 19s so I'm hoping I can get them onto my standard rims

What size is your standard rims?

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6

Attachments

• PXL_20211019_052643292.jpg
    PXL_20211019_052643292.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 81