Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken Odometer

etower

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exe s2 3.8
Well done kopper69... Is this the same for vp level 2 odometer

M

Moylance

My tacho seems to play up, on the highway its off but today it seemed acurate and responded correctly. (Havent been on the highway since I fixed it, so maybe its alright..

If I do find it is inaccurate may I be able to fix it by removing the dash?

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Ey guys, how would you get the clear face off the dash to change the colour of the facia? or how would you change the facia to a different colour like some guys on here are selling? i can see how to get the dash out but after that ive got no idea
thankz

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
nick88 you should be able to follow the pictures to see what you are doing step by step. Some of them you may need to copy and paste the link because i couldnt get that many pics on the post. Otherwise search around. Its really easy, i would advise you follow these instructions that will get you where you need.

B

bazzaau

Gear

If you live in Brisbane it can be purchased from Able Instrument Service, 10-12 Babdoyle st Loganholme, 38011232, $11, its tiny.

B

bazzaau

Its fixed!

Just an update, I have just put the gauges back in the car and its all good. Saved me a bit cash and I got a lot of job satisfaction out of it. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Fatboy

Reaction score
bloody hell. my steering column isnt adjustable, just spent an hour trying to get the dash out, with no success. have to stuff around with it some more.

E

effairmont

my steering wheel is not ajustable either. does this mean the wheel has to be pulled or what. also if i get a level 2 cluster with a tach, wont i be running the risk of just buying another broken odo, another post said that they are nearly all busted by now, and from all the owners with the same prob that seems true.and with wreckers its buyer beware.

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
Yes I would pull the steering wheel off...........

Fatboy

Reaction score
It's actually the column shift selector indicator that is getting in the way, not the sterring wheel.