Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken Transmission.... Any Advice?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
same problem 4 me so i put a 2speed race glide

T

thorpey

senatorbaz said:
I'm looking at about $2500 to $3k. If your getting plenty of power, talk to someone with an idea about gearboxes, unlike the knobs that built it 5000km ago which knew nothing.

jim walton autos heidelberg did mine with corvette servos, extra heavy duty clutches, kevlar band, stage 1 shifter etc for only $2250. i had the same problem of not going into third, only 1 way to fix it.

senatorbaz

Burnout? what burnout?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Senator
Yeah but I needed all these other bits and pieces to stop the car from breaking them (From new the car is having it's fourth gearbox rebuild, this is my first since I bought it though) Most of the other rebuilds have included high performance clutchs etc etc and all that crap, but it still broke everytime, so this time instead of paying $2200, I'm spending more and actually recifying the problems which make the clutch to burn out. I.e. upgrading from 6 clutches to 9. The stall converter also had no teeth left so they are going to fix that also, and give the stally a rebuild as well. Corvette servo will re enter the gearbox again (the last guy's working on the gear box said that is what was causing the problem, clearly not as it didn't last 5000km). So don't just fix it by putting heavy duty clutches in unless your dealing with standard power output, or else it will break again.