Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken windscreen washer jet

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The drivers side windscreen washer jet slowly became very feeble while the passenger side was ok. I thought it was blocked with junk and attempted to clean it with a fine needle. In doing so all I did was break the jet and it came apart from the bonnet. I cannot find the washer jet part no and wonder if anyone get help me with the part no so I can order them. I would like to order the passenger side jet as well and is it the same part no. My mechanic suggested that I also order the clips that hold the bonnet sound proofing as this will need to be removed to fit the washer jets and he suggested that the clips often break. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
He would be right on the clips.
There is a thread outlining the clips (same as VE) their part numbers and with photos.

I would be inclined to grab a cowl from the wreckers which will have the washer nozzles. Upcycling and less fluffing about.

The cowls won’t sit flat against the windscreen afterwards. Heat them and weight them down against the windscreen. Should be fine after that.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
He would be right on the clips.
There is a thread outlining the clips (same as VE) their part numbers and with photos.

I would be inclined to grab a cowl from the wreckers which will have the washer nozzles. Upcycling and less fluffing about.

The cowls won’t sit flat against the windscreen afterwards. Heat them and weight them down against the windscreen. Should be fine after that.
What's that about cowls sitting flat on the windscreen?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
What's that about cowls sitting flat on the windscreen?
The clips get brittle and break getting the cowls off and then they don't sit flat on the windscreen. You can glue them down with a few beads of silicone. Cowls have been nil stock for a while and can't buy them new at the moment.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Have already tried the local wrecker but living in the country town, most of the gear he had was for hilux's. so no help there. Is there a recommended wrecker in a capital that I should contact. Are the parts not available new from a stealer. ??

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The clips get brittle and break getting the cowls off and then they don't sit flat on the windscreen. You can glue them down with a few beads of silicone. Cowls have been nil stock for a while and can't buy them new at the moment.
Ah, I know what you mean now! Cheers.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahahaha, I can get the same looking heat shield clips for $1ea aftermarket from Nuts & Bolts. No need to buy them gen.