Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BUILD 305 - Cherry Black VS GTS

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah 255's
Also heard about JCWA cruise April 20th? In WA cruise thread

3OH5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yeh been looking around Ebay & different tyre shops, seems i can get 255's off ebay & get them fitted locally for only $40 more than 245's, so seems like a goer.

Have heard about the cruise Frogsta, may make a stop, but thats the same weekend my missus gets back from 2 weeks bangkok after getting her boobs done (thats where all my money's been going haha)
So see how i go.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Still loving the car mate, hard to believe how mint it is.

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
Yeh been looking around Ebay & different tyre shops, seems i can get 255's off ebay & get them fitted locally for only $40 more than 245's, so seems like a goer.

Running std height springs in the rear? I might have trouble trying to fit 255's under mine without rubbing. :(

3OH5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Nah SSL's (sits high in park with empty tank, but in Drive with fuel she tucks tyre)

Should be plenty of room for 255's mate. I ran 25mm spacers on the rear for a couple of weeks (felt it didnt look right so took them out) and had no scrubbing. So an extra 10mm of tyre each side of the rim should be no worries. Should fill up the guards nicely too. I hate how wide the rear guards on VS's are haha

Having said that are you running a good camber kit with no negative camber? I still got around 3degrees negative in the rear so the top of my tyre leans in which gives me more clearance in the guards.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30

Have heard about the cruise Frogsta, may make a stop, but thats the same weekend my missus gets back from 2 weeks bangkok after getting her boobs done (thats where all my money's been going haha)
So see how i go.

Haha fair enough. I like how it is in bangkok if you know what I mean ;)
Excuse if you find it inappropriate
Sounds good anyway hope you can make it I would be keen to pre cruise with iChris to Freo or something

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah SSL's (sits high in park with empty tank, but in Drive with fuel she tucks tyre)

Should be plenty of room for 255's mate. I ran 25mm spacers on the rear for a couple of weeks (felt it didnt look right so took them out) and had no scrubbing. So an extra 10mm of tyre each side of the rim should be no worries. Should fill up the guards nicely too. I hate how wide the rear guards on VS's are haha

Having said that are you running a good camber kit with no negative camber? I still got around 3degrees negative in the rear so the top of my tyre leans in which gives me more clearance in the guards.

Ahh yeah. I get a bit of scrubbing now on the passenger side rear wheel but it's got SSSL's and a fair bit of camber. But it's going in for a 4 point wheel alignment this sat so hopefully it cleans the camber up a bit. It's got a camber kit but needs to be readjusted. Might put some 255's on order. If I have any problems I'll try some wheel spaces. :) What brand/type you going for?

3OH5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Maybe just roll our guards if you have any issues. On SSSL's your probably bottoming the tyre out on the inner guard rather than scrubbing the sidewall. Same thing happened on my old VS exec. I was going to go Federal 595 series tyres off ebay. Altho i've managed to find a dealer in perth who does 245's at a really good price so i may just get those. Im worried if i go 255's they'll look a little ridiculuos or if i go 245's i'd have wished i went 255's hahaha. Its all too bloody hard!

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe just roll our guards if you have any issues. On SSSL's your probably bottoming the tyre out on the inner guard rather than scrubbing the sidewall. Same thing happened on my old VS exec. I was going to go Federal 595 series tyres off ebay. Altho i've managed to find a dealer in perth who does 245's at a really good price so i may just get those. Im worried if i go 255's they'll look a little ridiculuos or if i go 245's i'd have wished i went 255's hahaha. Its all too bloody hard!

Haha yeah, it is rubbing on the inner guard. I can see the rub marks lol. Guards are already rolled so it should be okay with some spacers. :)

3OH5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Still no epic updates with the old girl. Replaced the O2 sensor & battery last weekend after both decided to start playing up. Should get my tyres finally later this week too, then i'll get a few fresh pics up.
Been thinking of putting the car up for sale of late. Keen to speed up the whole 'saving to build a house' thing, and I've been wanting to build an EJ/EH for many years now and im finding it hard to resist the urge.
Not 100% commited to selling her, or in a desperate rush, but i would seriously consider offers around the 20k mark.
People who think this is too much don't wana buy it & wouldnt look after it, so i couldnt care less about those opinions. People who want this car & want to look after it will pay this kind of money, i was offered 21k several months ago and in hind-sight should have taken it. Meh, you get that.

So yeh, if anyone really wants an immaculate 300rwhp cherry black leather VS GTS in mechanically & physically near perfect condition throw me a PM & we can talk turkey.