Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bull Bar Ban

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
i think ridiculously oversized bullbars on cars should be banned

The only reason I got that size is so that if I hit a roo it dosen't come threw the windscreen, and why say something like that any way, it would be like me saying ban cars without them or something fu*cked up like that.

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
take it on and off :)

You going to do it for me r u, it's not a matter of just un-bolting it, theres the lights, aerials, trans-cooler, than have to put the old bumper on, its something I don't have time to do most weekends

Last edited:

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
don't you lot that are all for banning pedestrians ever park your cars and walk?

if you do you become pedestrians and should be banned using your logic

We are talking about stupid pedestrians, one's that don't look before crossing the road, and I know that you might not be able to stop the idiots the come flying around a corner or something but whats the chance that it's a car with a bull bar any way.

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
Wombat, you should read my previous post properly. I was'nt pulling the piss out of a ford or anyones driving ability. The driver in the car I saw DIED!My point is this, you strap on a bit of plastic and think its gonna do the same job as a hunk of steel/ally you're in for a bit of strife.

View attachment 29163

View attachment 29164

thats my big bad bar from parkside in W.A. I reckon it looks abit gay personallybut I'm not taking it off as it has saved me about 3000-6000 dollars. Its air bag compatible and it only cost 600.

I fully agree, those great big bullbars are unnessacary and potentially dangerous, wank factor of +10.Somewhere to sit while polishing the helmet.

smart bars are good for sweet FA. if you hit a roo or something of simalar size with one, it'll be the only thing straight on the front of your car!

For people like myself who do alot of country driving it makes sense to bolt something out front for a bit of protection. But having said that you've got to be sensible about it. It doest matter how big your bar is if you hit something over 100 kph, it'll write your car off regardless.

I've got what you'd say is a great big bull bar but the reason I got this bar (like you said in a previous post) is so roos don't come threw the windscreen and kill me and the whole family.

Last edited:

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
Of course, a car without a bull bar that hits a pedestrian give the pedestrian a loving cuddle.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
They should be allowed int he worlds of rednecks(like where your from) but in a town whee there is alot of pedestrians they should be banned, they are not needed in town like most of these morons use them.

Yeah I agree with that... and they should add 4wd's to the list aswell. Why people need a 4wd vehicle to drive around on sealed bitumen roads is beyond me.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
people should be banned from driving in the country:p

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I've got you'd say is a great bit bull bar but the reason I got this bar (like you said in a previous post) is so roos don't come threw the windscreen and kill me and they whole family.

you've got the ridiculously oversized bullbar,the huge mudflaps on the back bumper,huge spotlights on the roof etc.

my guess is you've done it more for the wank factor

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
Thats your opinion, the mud flaps stop rocks getting thrown at my dogs (on the trailer) the bug deflector stops bugs stone chips on the windscreen and glare, the lights are so I can see at night with out haveing to sit on 60kllm/hr at night (most driving done at night) aerials for UHF, HF and flag, stone reflector (speaks for it self), lights down the side are clearance lights but I put them on for show mainly, but also gives a little light when getting in and out of the car and makes it more visable at night but ever thing else on it is for a reason.