Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Busted!!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I figure, at the end of the day, if you get done for speeding or whatever and learn from it, then it's acceptable(ish).

i can only speak from myself. i have been in and out of court a bunch of times, but its weird now, i just kinda... grew up. i assume it happens to everyone. you just kinda... CBF anymore. i dunno, is that just me getting old? or are there others that just CBF with it too?

edit* oh p.s. the above poster is going to lose his licence

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
Ok ive got a question for those of you that have had a run in before, so back in October last year i was following a mate he was in is mums el falcon :spew: and i in my VZ, any ways back to the story, he turned the corner and planted it causing quite a bit of wheel spin and smoke, before i took off after him i noticed some lights heading towards us, so i was fairly sensible thru the corner, giving it a little bit but not enough to spin the wheels, and then the car the got right up my ass and surprise surprise the lights came on, so i pulled over and hoped out the car, the cop approached me and asked "why did you do that?" i was thinking he would have know that the burn out was not me, so i said i was being a dick head, he then proceed to tell me that he would be impounding my car and that i would be going to court, so i said " what for accelerating hard" and he stated that he saw me do the burnout o_O....

So long story short ive been to court and pleaded not guilty and on the list of charges or what ever it is it says i was following behind a unidentified car ( the one that done the burnout ) and i accelerated hard on turning producing sustained wheel spin of 3 seconds or more as as such produced a large amount of smoke

so what i am asking is what are my chances of not losing my license
It was one cop by himself that pulled me over

Basically your screwed, because a cop's word almost always carries more weight in court than a civilians.
Best thing you could do, is try to convince your mate to go to the police, and tell them he was the one that smoked his wheels just ahead of you.
If he was a real mate, he would.
Then he would have to plead guilty to it in court.
Otherwise it's just your word against a cop.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'm Kevin Rudd

Not something to be proud of.

I've been caught under the Peer Passenger laws. Other than that nothing really....I'm no angel though, I have sped before (obviously), I have done a couple of fishies in the wet (a couple were accidental).

On the whole a pretty responsible and careful driver.

My Meanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 HDT Group A SS Blue Meanie & 2010 SSv Ute
120 in a 60 zone, had a decent coppa who took off 22 ks which saved me a bucket in fines and points, ended up with loosing 3 points and 350 bucks, person before me lost their licence, shocked that I kept mine I asked what he was doing, the coppa said 70ks, he lost it as when asked why he was speeding the idiot answered he wasn't concentrating so was done for reckless driving and lost his licence for 6 months

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ok my serious post.

Only ever been pulled over twice, both were for suspected impersonating a police officer. both times i got off scot free.

so no fines for me ever.

Tom J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm
what were you doing to impersonate a suspected police officer? Or at least for them to think you were? driving an Aurion with 50 antenna's?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i have dash lights like an unmarked car, but mine are amber. they just wanted to be sure they werent blue /red

bns 454

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute/79 camaro
this morning 95 in a seventy zone changed from 100 last week passed hwp going other way saw him turning round so pulled over got rbtd he went back to car brought back a fine for talking on my mobile phone when i informed him that i diddnt even have a phone with me apperently his camera caught me when i asked to see this amazing footage was told its not an option so i told him to get his eyes checked and left. cant complain tho a bogus $236 fine when i could have gone 20 over think i came out on top anyway

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
Changed the kick down swithch in my old vl.went to test it, drop't to 70k's in a 80kph zone, booted it- it drop't down a gear- got to 90ish and foot off throttle but too late, light flashing infront of me. (like 3 seconds if that of speeding and busted lol) bad luck or what. he asked why i were speeding- told him ya not guna believe me and told him why and showed him the old swithch, we sort of had a giggle but he still gave me fine..

another---- took a wrong turn - turned around and booted it for few seconds - within 5 sec's busted 58kph in 50 zone

but grown up now, just sit on speed limit and get tailgated and death staired instead :D

i.

Tom J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm
I've been done for speeding 72k in a 50k, i literally pulled out of my driveway and sped off to pick up my chinese takeaway. This road is like 4 lanes wide (but only 2) and an UCC got me.

He said "And why were you speeding?"
"Im late for my chinese pick up"
Didn't like that one :/

Then i got busted by the same cop 3 times in 2 weeks, a local cop around my small town. Each time was because the stock wheels on the rear were "suss". He told me each time to get them changed, then when i finally chucked the 20's on there he pulled me over again, and RBT'd me and complimented me on the wheels. Nice cop.

And the best was when i got pulled over and RBT'd by a UCC - A male and a female cop came up to the window and the female told me to breathe into there little license losing device. So i did.
After it, she got incredibly angry and told me "you look like a big man, im sure you can do this right. Now blow untill i sa.." - At which point the male cop informed her that the device was actually switched off.

Gold.

But apart from that i've been driving for a solid 3 years only one actual fine. =)