Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a 2011 VE

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Don't think I have ever driven a Holden 6 with torque.

Agreed!

V6 3.6L (non-SIDI) = 325-330nm of torque (depending on what year model/website you check on)
V6 3.0L SIDI = 290nm of torque
V6 3.6L SIDI = 350nm of torque

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I love my 210kw 3.6L SIDI its a massive improvement over my VZ 175kw that I had, I just dont think the 3.0 would cut the mustard...

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Yeah
The 3.6l SIDI is also much better of a mate with the 6 speed tranny, my bro has a 3l SIDI "Internati anal" and it is a bit up and down shift happy, compared to mine,m even in sport mode.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
The 3.0L is an underperformer but I'd rather still drive a poverty pack VE series 2 than a FORD! = Driver Returns On Foot, Fix Or Repair Daily, Fu%%ed On Race Day......etc

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The 3.0L SIDI has excellent fuel economy. But for a marginal increase in consumption the 3.6L SIDI is worlds apart. I'd go the Calais 3.6L if you don't like the SV6 body kit. The Berlina is 3.0L only too I think, i.e. no 3.6L option. It's no 6.0L but 350Nm of torque feels like plenty from the 3.6L SIDI six IMO.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
I ended up buying a 2012 MY12 6spd semi-auto 3.0L. It's SIDI and it's got Ethanol badge something or other on the boot. I'm guessing this means it'll be happy with that shitty ethanol fuel, but I'll be putting high octane proper fuel in it.

A couple of questions... I used to put Fuel Doctor (the bright green stuff) in my old car and it got me an extra 50-80kms per tank Fuel Doctor Fuel Conditioner - 275mL - Supercheap Auto Australia
Am I able to use that in my new car?

Also, the motor on the drivers seat has a problem. It only tilts the front up and down. It doesn't tilt the back up and down. What's happening here? It's obviously not a fuse, as it would stop the whole seat from working.

Colour of the car is "sizzle red". I'm not sold on the colour yet. Maybe it'll grow on me. What's crowd opinion on colour? (I know it's up to individual but I'm just after opinions.)

cheers :)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hey Joe, that shitty ethanol fuel has a higher octane than petrol.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Are you saying that I'm wrong to call it shitty? ... and that I should use the ethanol instead of premium unleaded?

Yes mate, its very good for your car, i've used it exclusively since new and clocked 150,000k with amazing results in terms of clean running and performance.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Yes mate, its very good for your car, i've used it exclusively since new and clocked 150,000k with amazing results in terms of clean running and performance.

I'm confused. Is this the general concensus? I always thought that it was a dirty fuel that wasn't good for your car.. or is that only true for older vehicles. Mine might be made to run with that stuff?
Should I be using Ethanol instead of Premium Unleaded?
And should I stop using the fuel doctor mixture?