Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a tv for xbox 360, any suggestions?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
ive got a Panasonic viera 42" G plasma for my ps3, no problems with burn in what so ever, games can b paused upto 30mins for me and not even see burn in yet so could last longer too i reckon, they dont get hot well mine have inbuilt fans at the top so they run very cool

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
1080p i wouldn't worry about unless u are going to buy a bluray player or get a PS3 to watch bluray movies because there are no console games that run in it 1080p mostly 720p. Also how far are u going to be sitting from the TV? You wont notice 1080p unless u are close to it.

Erm... bulllshit!

All Xbox games run in 1080p, have done for years (the max used to be 1080i, but this was upgraded via software a long time ago). Can't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p? Again, BS. 1080p will be native resolution, and will always give a much sharper picture. For PC gamers this is same as increasing the resolution from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 - that's a 125% increase in pixels being used, it makes a huge difference, especially on larger panels.

If u get a plasma u cannot lay it down when u are bringing it home because plasmas have glass screens are there is a big risk of cracking the glass. LCD have a plastic screen and can be laid down.

Could be a problem if you were planning to mount your TV on the ceiling... I should point out that any TV will come well packaged in it's box. If it doesn't fit in your car and you don't have a van, get it delivered. If you've just spent $2,000+ on a TV, a $50 delivery fee should be a no-brainer.

Glare can be an issue with plasmas but u can always pull the blinds down a bit if that is an issue. LCD's can have lag input issue for gaming which can be a problem. LCD's also blur with fast moving images which i have noted with my LCD. The 200hz is mostly marketing i have read of people having 200hz models and when using it for gaming the have to turn it off because it makes the problem worse.

Glare depends on the coatings they put on the screen, most TVs (LCD/plasma/LED) all have anti-glare coatings on them. I know mine does, and I have no problems keeping the curtains open during the day.

Agree quite a lot re the high refresh rates (some TVs advertise as high as 600hz) Some TVs create "sub frames" to increase the apparent refresh rate (they basically look at two frames then "guess" an in-between frame) and give a smoother moving picture. I turned mine off because I found it made the picture so smooth it looked really unnatural.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Um they can be run in 1080i but NO games are 1080p games.

Sure, ok. I'll just leave these here then :p

danja-albums-xbox-1080p-picture8494-xbox-1080p-forza-box.jpg

danja-albums-xbox-1080p-picture8496-xbox-1080p-prefs.jpg

danja-albums-xbox-1080p-picture8495-xbox-1080p-forza-menu.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Um they can be run in 1080i but NO games are 1080p games.

Lol... you should REALLY do your research before starting an argument with danja.

Danja has a rather annoying habit of being right...

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Lol... you should REALLY do your research before starting an argument with danja.

Danja has a rather annoying habit of being right...

Does that mean you'll finally admit a MAF is a AFM? :)

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
TV's are lots like cars - what one persone loves, another may well hate.

Buy a brand name screen. Buy something YOU like the picture and looks of. Read Lots of reviews before you pay the money.

Make sure you have HDMI and proper 1080 res.. Oh, and HAGGLE...