Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buying a ve ss ute

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Cheers lad!, I'm fairly happy with it at the moment but sure enough I'll start doing the basics to it sooner or later. It's basically stock apart from the 2.5 xforce cat back and having been lowered. I lie actually lol I put a sub and a amp in it!, it's only a cheapy to begin with I'll get it all sorted when I get around to it.

simoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS Ute
if you plan on putting 20s on it make sure tyre placard doesnt have load rating of 100v - you wont get roadworthy tyres for them i have the problem currently

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Ok so I got the exhuast dumped before the diff today, the rear boxes had cancer & sounded like sh#t anyway so it had it coming. Now its loud as f#ck and doesn't sound to bad but does crackle and pop fairly well under deceleration and im a little worried about the attention it may attract!, I just had a good look on the RTA website (NSW) and can't find what I'm looking for and was wondering if anyone here could help please.
* Am I aloud to dump the exhaust before the diff in a ute?
* If so how far past doors / windows does it need to be?
I have a little problem with acting first and asking questions later..... but like I said above the rear boxes were pretty much on there last legs, so im not a complete idiot for having the xforece cut up... =)

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Also its dumped just before the diff, not midway threw the center pipes. Cheers in advance for any helpful info!

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Does it actually go down or is it just unbolted

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Goes down, cut a section out faced it down and put a slight kick on them so they weren't straight down, still has the rear boxes in place just not being used.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
It's behind the doors by a meter i think it has to be but I didn't get in trouble when mine was running like that

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Did they get under and have a look?, and was yours before the diff or after?. Cheers

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Did they get under and have a look?, and was yours before the diff or after?. Cheers
yea coz mine had no mufflers in the way and they dumped straight off the flange where the back mufflers bolt up