Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VS Commodore Ute

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If all it needed was plugs & leads why didn't owner do them? Or offer to get roadworthy?

If it passes you pay if fails negotiate on price if serious buyer.

No idea what is going on with old cars untill inspected..ad like that can total bs especially if you test drive the odometer doesn't work which is common.

Ben107551

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's a cheap purchase price but there's no knowing what it might cost to get it in good, safe, reliable, registered running order.
Would you be doing the bulk of the work yourself or paying your mechanic to do it? If the former, how valuable is your time?
What are the inspection requirements with change of ownership in QLD? Does it need a blue slip or can the old rego just be continued? I only just read on JC that South Oz (I think) requires a blue slip inspection on change of ownership. That gets most old bangers off the road. It would do for mine (NSW) even though it goes and stops well and has just had its annual roadworthy. Oil leaks alone would fail a blue slip inspection
If I was to buy it I would be doing small stuff myself and larger things out of my league would probably be done by a mechanic. I probably wont buy this just curious if anyone thought it would be a good idea.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Quarter of a million kays, long range fuel tank, and a huge rack - looks like it's had a hard working life. I'd be doing a compression test at least, before I'd even think about parting with any cash. I'd maybe try getting him down to $1000 and then would consider myself lucky if it lasted a year and hope I'm not working on it trying to keep it running every weekend.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
In reality isn't everything on Carsales at least 40% overpriced ?

They're all Dreamers on there and anyone buying at their prices is a Meth Addict.