Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying used RSV

jcn000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Have you tried the automated parking feature? How is it?

Hoe so you find the reverse camera viewing? In reviews it's said that the reverse camera view on the monitor is of low quality (heavily pixalated?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I've tried the automatic parking once or twice, just to try it out, it works very well, quite uncanny though. Takes a bit of getting used to letting the car do its own thing, though you have to operate the gear selection, throttle and brakes. I very rarely go anywhere that it's useful to use.

The reversing camera is as good as or better than any I've seen. Good quality picture and a very good angle of view. Certainly no pixillation that I can see. Perhaps the smaller screen on the RS is different but I doubt it.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Have you tried the automated parking feature? How is it?

Hoe so you find the reverse camera viewing? In reviews it's said that the reverse camera view on the monitor is of low quality (heavily pixalated?

never tried the auto park because i can do it myself quicker/better.
the resolution of the reverse camera is more than adequate for the purpose, it is not for watching "movies" it is for reversing and you can see everything needed so i would not pay attention to people making comments about pixilation
the vehicle also uses the reverse camera for detection/alerts while reversing.

the only problem you will find with the reversing camera is its brightness at night, it is very bright and i would like some form of auto dimming based on the in dash ambient light sensor but is seems this was overlooked during development.

jcn000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Been watching on carsales, there is a low km 3 year old RSV put on hold by the dealer for a few days and put back for sale. Doesn't give much confidence whether the potential buyer reneged due to dodgy vehicle or not.

jcn000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
never tried the auto park because i can do it myself quicker/better.
the resolution of the reverse camera is more than adequate for the purpose, it is not for watching "movies" it is for reversing and you can see everything needed so i would not pay attention to people making comments about pixilation
the vehicle also uses the reverse camera for detection/alerts while reversing.

the only problem you will find with the reversing camera is its brightness at night, it is very bright and i would like some form of auto dimming based on the in dash ambient light sensor but is seems this was overlooked during development.

I couldn't find any YouTube videos demonstrating parallel parking.
I've tried the automatic parking once or twice, just to try it out, it works very well, quite uncanny though. Takes a bit of getting used to letting the car do its own thing, though you have to operate the gear selection, throttle and brakes. I very rarely go anywhere that it's useful to use.

The reversing camera is as good as or better than any I've seen. Good quality picture and a very good angle of view. Certainly no pixillation that I can see. Perhaps the smaller screen on the RS is different but I doubt it.

Did you try parallel parking? That's the feature I'm keen on.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Been watching on carsales, there is a low km 3 year old RSV put on hold by the dealer for a few days and put back for sale. Doesn't give much confidence whether the potential buyer reneged due to dodgy vehicle or not.
There could be a whole host of reasons for example the potential buyer found another one that better suited their needs. I wouldn't put too much stock on that one event.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV

Did you try parallel parking? That's the feature I'm keen on.
No I haven't tried the parallel option. I agree it could be quite handy in some places. Before I tried it in anger I'd want to try it out somewhere nice and quiet first and I've never had that opportunity yet. I have no doubt it works well though. If it can do the perpendicular parking I cannot see why it would have any problems with parallel parking.

I have an idea it relies on other vehicle(s) in the adjacent parking spot(s) to gauge it's position. It measures up the gap as you drive past to choose a suitable parking spot. You have to activate it, choose which side of the car you are looking to park, the default is the passenger side and drive below a 30 kph. I don't think it uses the marked lines as I don't how it would detect those. I think it's using the ultra sonic detectors that it uses for cross traffic alerting and the front and rear parking sensors.

There's some other neat stuff like hill start assist , where the park brake remains on for 2 seconds or until you accelerate.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
that is nothing new and is normally due to finance failure.

when looking for things for the zb search "insignia"