Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypass ignition and immobiliser Vs Calais

A+d+a+m

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Series II R8 Clubsport Build 295
Hey Guys,

My old Vs Calais has too many mechanical problems to be worth fixing. so my plan was to use it as a run about car on my mates property. we were
wondering if we can hot wire the car so we dont need to use the key all the time as the barrel is getting glitchy. i dont care if it breaks something or
looks like crap. my plan was to find out what needed to be done and from there work out how to simply install a switch that will turn the car on.

If you guys need any photos of the BCM or and part of the wiring loom let me know and ill post them up. i have dont this to some older cars before
but never to a commodore with an immobiliser. being a calais it has the more complicated security system but im sure in the end its just as easy to
hack.

Any help would be appreciated

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
you will need someone to bypass the security stuff in the bcm and maybe the ecu, then all you need to do is wire up 2 toggle switches for accesories and ignition and a push button for the start wire which would be pretty easy. you would also need to somehow get rid of the steering lock if you are not going to be using the key.

A+d+a+m

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive heard that it has something to do with the VACT routine in the mecmal? wiring up the barrel as a simply switch is easy. im sure there is a simply way to earth or bypass the security system without trying that timer override which im sure does not work on VS commodores. Its annoying how VN to VS commodores as the most
common stolen cars yet after hours of research i cant find any legit answer to override the Security rofl

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Wow are you serious???

Sorry if you are being legit but do you seriously think i want anyone out there knowing how to steal a VS Calais????

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
No one is going to tell you how to hot wire a car. Reported for lock.

A+d+a+m

Reaction score
Members Ride
No thats not what im saying. i just mean there is a proper way to bypass these cars security systems. i have alot of auto electrical experience but i dont want to bypass the system and find out its locked iteslf.

A+d+a+m

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a another look at the holden bible. found out that i can bypass it if i have the ignition turned on when you earth the red and white wires of the BCM, it locks the
Security system in its current state because it cant cut power to the car

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
easiest way, use the keyhead and permanently connect it, not exactly "hot wiring" but you'll require all the bits to make this work, same method people use when doing engine transplants into 4x4's, job done, and if you require the car to be secure again remove the keyhead so no one else finds a calais bush basher n decides to take it for a spin.

alternatively, spend the $10-20 on ebay and get a replacement barrel to fix the problem

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
No one here is going to tell how it is done because anyone can veiw this forum.

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
i hate this immobiliser crap my car wont turn on anyone know how to reset it its not working with both my keys