Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypassing the Cat converter

sscotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
S15
Hi Guys,

The office lady at work has a 2006 S V6 and the dude at the local mechanic reckons the comb stuff inside the cat is breaking up. I suggested smashing it all out but then apparently the sensors will go off. Is there anyway we can bullshit the sensor so it doesnt show a malfunction?

BTW in in New Zealand, and we dont legally need cats. So If a replacement pipe would be a better way to go then that is ok to.

Any help would be much appreciated as they are tyring to charge her $1200 just for the cat.

Cheers

Scott

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
lol @ $1200, it must be made of gold. Not even a pair of high flows cost that.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Actually mate some Cats contain Platinum... and some other precious metals more expensive than gold... so you weren't far off!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just get a couple of uni cats, about $180 each.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my old vp 5ltr sounded pretty good with no cats or mufflers just a twin 2.5in hahaha... but hey if its legal to not run cats in nz i say just get the pipe extended and get rid of the cats altogether... a tuner should be able to fix the sensor problem

sscotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
S15
Yeah I think it was $1200 just for the one!haha. and apparently thats second hand prices too! No ****.

I think shes keen to get rid of the cats if the sensor light doesnt come up. But that is the problem. There must be a reasonably easy way to mislead the sensor?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
plenty of O2 sensor cheater circuits out there for the second o2 sensor so it fools the ecu into thinking its working fine