Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 C.O.M.E. 2009 alloy heads on near stock 215i?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
How much gain would be seen from throwing a set of the 2009 alloy heads onto a 215i with TP dual plane, 700cfm TBs and a smallish cam?

Mate's thinking about saving for a set, I want to know if it's a good idea or if it's an expensive (~$3500 from memory) waste of time...

Any info appreciated
Sam

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
I dont think the extra cash would be worth it over a small port and polish job on the 215 heads. The alloy heads will give a gain, however they come with double valve springs which would be an over kill for a small cam, plus they come with threads for 7/16 studs, so add a set of roller rockers to the 3.5 for the heads. They arent needed for a small cam either. Alloy heads are good for running high comp due to better heat dispansion, meaning less detonation. If your going to run standard comp, they alloy heads wouldnt be getting used anywhere near their fullest potential. Sure they flow good numbers out of the box. But 2kish should get the heads that are on there ported, polished and back on. Im pretty sure I read somewhere 215i heads come with bigger valves anyway. How much power is this car making at the moment?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
bollucks, have you guys seen those heads? worth every penny IMO. they heat treat those heads somehow, put a cast skin on, so it doesnt dissapate the heat like alloy does, instead it keeps it in the chamber and out to the headers. alloy absorbs the heat giving it less velocity on exit of the chamber.

velocity is what you want. i dunno bout the 2009 versions, but i was looking at them a few months ago and i would have bought them if i had the cash. those boys did a lot more research into them than your average "dude with a die grinder that promises they will breath at 650 CFM"

meh horses for courses. there is more to head work than just getting them to flow. carburation and combustion are really important also. as is velocity.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree with you, the heads are awesome, but dont you think the 4200ish (including the new rockers) plus installation would be a bit to expensive for the power again hes going to get? for half that price he can get the average performance guy with a die grinder and still have a decent gain.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
true thaT

they really 4200? ouch, bugger thAT

Well they r 3500 to your door, but you cant use your normal rocket gear, so u wanna make sure ya credit card isnt limited to 3.5:p

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
ari666, i agree with the you, the heads are a really good bit of gear. However, they are way overkill on a mild engine, pocket ported casties will be more than capable of supporting a mild combo. Hell, with a mild cam, stock VN-VS cast heads will do the job. The COME heads are only worth it in high power big dollar applications, but even then Cast VN heads will do the job for 99% of street/race applications.