Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI: Alien By Design

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Although if you are a new P Plater, ANY engine mod is a big NO NO.

Not worth losing the points on your P's.

Just get an OTR and tune, for the $$ nothing will beat it:dance:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
are you a new P plater? if so, the supercharger will be more of a problem than a CAI
Point taken. Thank god i'm not on the new system! However Vicroads can grant exceptions in certain circumstances to those rules.

But you can do this on a 6 cylinder too, which means the new P platers could hide a small mod like this, especially if the car is black.

I personally think that OTR's arn't as effective, well, theoretically, but i have never compared OTR to this mod so i can't support any stance.

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Point taken. Thank god i'm not on the new system! However Vicroads can grant exceptions in certain circumstances to those rules.

But you can do this on a 6 cylinder too, which means the new P platers could hide a small mod like this, especially if the car is black.

I personally think that OTR's arn't as effective, well, theoretically, but i have never compared OTR to this mod so i can't support any stance.

i don't know if they said anything about additives :whistling
i remember soon after i fixed up my car and put some pro octane booster,
(cops can't prove anything unless they find the bottle. i guess)

i should have a crack at making it, don't have much space to hide it on my VS, so I'll just put it in a notable area and can say i got a supercharger inside the air box for protection with themo padding so i don't need an inter cooler

surly there's some one who'd believe it:hit:

but on a serious note, I'll have a crack at it in the near future

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

oh so youre not on the no supercharged/v8 engine rule? if so, you shouldnt really have an issue with adding a pipe onto your intake

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
oh so youre not on the no supercharged/v8 engine rule? if so, you shouldnt really have an issue with adding a pipe onto your intake
I never said i did. I did comment that it was nice and looked stock though. Nothing about it being an issue! :S

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Ozzie, i thought i sent you the link to it when i posted it! My bad! :p

Thanks, definatly looks the part in my vehicle! :) Still havn't changed the air filter yet though, waiting until the major service for that, then i'll be putting in a K&N filter. Then report on what that does too.

With the Supercharged engine you dont really hear the sucking noise. The main time when you would be when the whine of the supercharger is overpowering any sucking sound. Although i should have enough air coming in to make the sucking noise less noticeable. A 90mm pipe with the Holden intake should be feeding it enough to decrease the sucking noise. Sucking noise would theoretically be made when there is not enough intake room so the air is compressed a little and more is forced in that same area. Same effect as if you put a smaller nozzle on a vacuum cleaner. However with the noise you'll notice it's not being as efficient as it can be. [There you go for whoever asked me for that, can't remember who you were i was going to post it]

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
Nice write up Alien. Definitely on my to do list. Make fiddle with a box from the wreckers tho :p. Just quickly do u mind clarifying what you mean by cutting it on an angle before flaring??? Is this so it fits better in the engine bay?

Last edited: