Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI: Alien By Design

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I reckon it looks good, did you feel any difference?

I just installed my K&N Panel Filter the other week, and there is much more air flow going into the engine as registered by the MAF. Yes you can hear it too, but the supercharger has also changed it's whine as well. Doing both has definatly been an advantage, dont know if i also stated but the factory intake had also been modified to have a larger hole. Either way i know both intakes are taking in air as you can put your hand in front and feel it sucking in.

I have also updated the pictures in this HowTo so that they wont go offline for months like they have been the past few months. One picture though i have no control over.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I think other cars can hear mine too, but when its going along the supercharger usually drowns it out. I found my low range picked up more and mid range to a small extent, mid range picked up a lot more with the newer air filter though. I guess that's due to the differences in the engines from the 3.8L to the Supercharged variant.

VYute04

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8ltr ute
i hell want to give this MOD a shot but im scared im gonna **** up my current air intake box, and is 90mm the only size u can use?

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
Thread dig

Would it be worth it in a vx eco? i dont see how it would get much air from behind the headlight..

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It's not so much allowing more air, it's reducing the restriction of just one opening in the airbox

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Thread dig

Would it be worth it in a vx eco? i dont see how it would get much air from behind the headlight..

In a N/A ecotec , probably not really worth the effort , as Richard has mentioned , it's really only going reduce restriction , you might get more induction noise , and a bit more per tank , but gains , well that's going to open a can of worms