Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

calais front end how much??

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'm leaning towards a yes- yes it is. But I'm sure some Vic lads will confirm.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Something to do with all parts of the car needing to be functional, like if you had fake indicators glued to your guards they're defective unless they actually work

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Dont you wish you paid that little bit extra & bought a calais! Listen up all you fake calais owners. My suggestion would be to keep a constant eye on the damaged vehicle auctions.These are in most states. I've seen calais going under the hammer for under $500. Thats the whole bloody car!,usually less the stereo & steering wheels.Usual bids are around $1000 depending on if it is a right off,stolen & recovered or pre wreckers. Try 'fowlers' or punch damaged vehicle auctions into your search engine.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
see them down my way from 800 to 1500 and getting worse due to wanker young drivers wrecking calais front first.

if its an everything deal take it unless you ssee something else. eylids must be operational so id leave the fibremaster stuff alone unless thats what you really want.
ive seen opening eyelids operational by pulling a choke cable. worked well and was completely fool proof.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
pickles auctions do damaged ones too

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
andyman4444 said:
I have a friend who can get me the front end of a Calais front for $1500 now my VL only cost me $2000 so im kinda worrying if this is a rip...
The Front incudes everything but the grill.
Thanks if anyone can give advice on this :)
From AnDy

I wouldnt even pay $2000 for the pop ups, l/h and r/h guards, front bar and the bonnet. dont pay more then 500-800 if ur just buying the front apron and pop ups

andyman4444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Station Wagon 1987
thanks for everyone's advice yeah all i want is the nifty headlights and the grill! I think i might shop around myself rather then let my mate talk me into buying ****! haha
The front of my car is fine cept for the grill bit and i just want the lights cause of the pop up part!
Thanks for all the comments!

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
If his Calias is a turbo tell him to incude the motor & flash $1300 in cash under his nose

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah $1500 is a bit steep I've seen them for $1000 complete and even down to around $600 but you gotta be lucky aye.
They are in demand in VIC oh yes.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7