Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

calais front end how much??

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
1500 os a total rip off...... u can could of picked up a full calais for $1500..

around 600 - 800 is a fair price for a genuine calais front or as mentioned

$350 will buy u a fiberglass calais front.....

and ud have to be haveing a realy bad day to get booked for faulty pop ups...

D

dave.b

where abouts can u grab these fibreglass fronts from? to put them on a executive u just simply take off the existing fronts n replace with the fake calais?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
fibremaster in sydney i believe.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
fibremaster bodykits-syd

oh and i have a vl calais for sale in the nowra area for $2500 will have to get pics up soon

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
but i belive the fibreglass fronts are illegal as they do not pop up and are fixed down, but i dout u will get busted over here in SA for it where in NSW they will cane u for it

kizza_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
Hi i have a vl executive... so i cant put an original pop up front end on? is there anyway i can?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah you can, all you do is have to track down the front piece and the two eyebrows, take off your original nose cone. Put it on and then get it wired up.

Or as said above, you can get a fibremaster fibreglass copy fitted, looks the same but does not pop up, can be deemed as illegal but honestly it shouldn't matter as it doesn't effect the light by much at all.

kizza_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
Thanks mate, but i read through the thread and someone said soemthing bout executives not having the wiring loom for the pop up lights? is that true? and if it is.. is there a way of making a wiring loom? and is it expensive?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah you have to wire up a relay, and you need to find the motor as well. Motors are getting harder to come by thanks to the fronts slowly dying out.

But if you have the motor essentially you just need to wire it up to a relay so that it gets power when you turn your lights on and what not. If you had a chat to your auto electrician they'd be able to help.

To be honest I haven't had a motor in mine since I got them thanks to the motor going missing. I'm not too fussed as you only lose a tiny tiny amount of stray light that shoots upwards.