Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais parts

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Well since I can't sell the calais and were having to move 3 cars to get our road bikes out I have been thinking of parting the calais out. It's full leather, 4 yo gas system, 18x8 wheels, super low springs and shocks 6 months old, new radiator, cluster with 245ks on it.. What's the price value for there parts? Just a ruff price..

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
Hey mate, just wanted to say id be intrested in some parts IF you did decide to strip it, i recently replaced my radiator and it cost me about 150 so as a rought guess your second hand one may be worth around 70-100 if it's in good nick? As for wheels and stuff it depends on condition brand etc etc as for the other stuff someone else should be able to help you out, cheers

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Wheels have a couple of gutter nicks, rad is 6 months old. Just trying to see what's it worth.. Would love to sell it whole but having trouble selling it for 2500..

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
Depending on your defenition of a couple lol the wheels may have a bit of value if they look alright, are you looking to get rid of it all or keep bits and peices? Your money makers would be, (again all condition wise) The engine, wheels, interior bits and peices, and transmission and im sure you could find others that would grab the drivetrain and exhast system and other little bits, theres probably stuff im missing but thats my thoughts anyway hopfully its of some help others feel free to chip in a correct me if im wrong :)

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Motor is in good shape and strong, auto is good and serviced last Xmas..

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
You shouldn't have much trouble off loading parts if you find the right people/place, as i said theres a few things i wouldn't mind by the sound of it im sure theres others out there

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
ive wrecked a few cars in my day dude and let me be the first to tell you the time and effort its going to cost you parting it out plus people breaking your balls not showing up or calling back your better off to get rid of it as a whole... plus youll have parts hanging around for ages too. what else does it need for roady? did you hit carsales or gumtree yet?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
The home PC crashed when I was doing it on car sales, just waiting for abbey to fix the computer when she ges home tonight about 10..nothing has changed since I bought it except I lowered it. When I got the road worth I had to put new motor mounts fix a power window switch and windscreen and oil seal at the front was leaking and that was it 2 years ago

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
got any pics of the car in and out mate? is that 2500 with a rwc? cheers