Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

calais parts

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hey guys I'm about to buy a new bumper for my accliam, and want a VZ calais bumper as well as a few other parts.

As many of you will know... Holden love to seperate parts into as many pieces as possible.

So first off, when i part with $315 for the "front bar" will that include the chrome rings that go around the fog lights?

Secondly, do the calais door moulds include the chrome strip? and does anyone know how much front and rears cost?

Finally, how much do holden charge for fog lights and the wiring kit for it. I've had a look and it looks like a have a fuse plug for fog lights so I'm hoping it wires up ok.

Thanks heaps to anyone who can help me out,
Adam

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
holden dont have a wiring kit, you will need to make your own one up, or have a auto elec do it.

i dont believe the chrome rings come with the bar

fog light: 92155455 and 92155456 right & left, retail is 136.85 or 111.10 trade each

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
fogs will be around the 140rrp mark each,then you have the relays and switches to get, and the rings do NOT come with the front bar, leather seats may cost you anywhere from 400+. the chrome strip i'm unsure about.

are you going with the bonnet strip aswell, i think from memeory its about 140 all up including parts to fit it.

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
im unsure of the prices of the door moulds or for the wiring, but from wat i have heard holden has made the chrome fog light rings obselete, so there pretty hard to get apparently

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I heard the door moulds are very expensive, a friend go some (not calais just standard) unpainted for $500
So I doubt that the calais ones would be any cheaper

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
hmm I like the idea of morphing an Acclaim into a Calais ... something Ive thought up many times when Im drunk :thumbsup:

You should have the wiring on the Acclaim for the fog lights, my acclaim does, although holden seem to put them on and leave them off cars at their choosing so who knows. Just need to pop in the relay, new headlight switch and connect the 2x light assemblies on the bar.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
There is 8 different parts on tha Calais front bumper..

Bumper
Grill
Grill badge
Fog light cover (left and right)
Foglight dress ring (left and right)
Lower grill mesh.

Then you have..
Foghlights (left and right)
Headlights (left and right)
Bonnet strip
Bonnet strip bracket

I'd say you would be very lucky if you saw enough change out of $2000 to do painting and fitting if you do the WHOLE front end.

And to whoever posted about the rings being hard to get - yes, they are. I looked for some for atleast a year before I finally found some. They cost around 35 bucks each though :(