Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CalaisV memory seat question?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
With my old VE Calais V, the drivers seat would move to my position just by pressing the button on the key fob, so it was ready to jump into by the time I got to the car, this was very helpful considering my wife is a lot shorter than me. (And it moved back to her position by pressing the button on her fob)

But one thing that really annoys me about the memory drivers seat in my VF2 Calais V is that i have to either manually press and hold the 1 button on the drivers door before getting in, or I have to squeeze into the seat and press the start button, at which time to seat will move.

It would be great if the seat recognised the memory position during a remote start, or at the least whilst pressing the button on the door. Even pressing the unlock buttons on the fob do nothing to make it move (as in the VE)

Am I missing something? I have 'auto memory recall' on in the vehicle settings menu?

Thanks all :)

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
No you are not missing something. I use button 3 as my exit seat position which of course makes it easy to enter. I manually use Button 1 as my driving position.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
No you are not missing something. I use button 3 as my exit seat position which of course makes it easy to enter. I manually use Button 1 as my driving position.

Thanks Revster, I can't believe this was changed from VE. As far as using button three as you exit position, wouldn't it be easier to enable 'easy exit drivers seat', which automatically sends the drivers seat all the way rearward when the cars turned off?

I'd do it myself but more often than not, I have a rear seat passenger and it makes it more awkward for them than it's worth.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
you can set/program that when you switch off the engine the drivers seat will automatically slide all the way back so you can get out of the car, then when you jump back in the car and press the start button with out starting the engine the seat will move back to the position of the key being used, then put foot on brake once seat is back in position and start the engine. That's how I do it.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
you can set/program that when you switch off the engine the drivers seat will automatically slide all the way back so you can get out of the car, then when you jump back in the car and press the start button with out starting the engine the seat will move back to the position of the key being used, then put foot on brake once seat is back in position and start the engine. That's how I do it.
Thanks mate, I have used the easy exit feature before, but we generally have a rear seat passenger which makes it hard on them. Can it be programmed to go back a set distance or does it have to go back all the way?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Thanks mate, I have used the easy exit feature before, but we generally have a rear seat passenger which makes it hard on them. Can it be programmed to go back a set distance or does it have to go back all the way?
no it can be set to go back how ever far you want it to go back. Just look it up in the owners manual and it will tell you how to set it.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
no it can be set to go back how ever far you want it to go back. Just look it up in the owners manual and it will tell you how to set it.
Thanks I'll have a look. Would be much easier if they kept the old priority key system lol..

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
For a Series 1 CalaisV? I can't see it in the manual :(

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute