Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caliper new where?

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
cheers all.i`ll see when i take it off if it is really seized or i can fiddle with it and go the recon myself.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Thanks,i`ll try and do it myself if i can.
Make sure you buy the kit with new pistons. The piston is the where the seal moves across and is highly recommended to be replaced and not just polished as the RU finish is specific.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
cheers all.i`ll see when i take it off if it is really seized or i can fiddle with it and go the recon myself.
If the pins are sized just loosen them slowly in a vice then buy a gun cleaning kit like a colt 45 bronze brush and clean the pin bores then use a bench grinder with wire wheel to clean the pins re-lube and they'll be fine.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
So removed first part then the outside pad fell out and the metal cover was broke on the single latch thing as in pic,the pins were fine moving freely.
Noticed the piston was very hard to move back (with nipple open) and everything(maybe need a good reco)..so im thinking where did that bit of metal go that broke off the pad cover?..all back together and no noise atm.

Attachments

• rsz_inked20200712_174732_li.jpg
    rsz_inked20200712_174732_li.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 103

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
That doesn't even look close to a DB-1085 (front) or a 1086 for the rear ?

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
That doesn't even look close to a DB-1085 (front) or a 1086 for the rear ?
Are you thinking these are bendix?cause they are not,they are the right pads/cover but they are tora(cheap).

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Isn't that just some sort of anti-rattle shim that clips on the outside of the brake pad? IF it is than the bit on the end probably just broke off and fell out at some stage.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Isn't that just some sort of anti-rattle shim that clips on the outside of the brake pad? IF it is than the bit on the end probably just broke off and fell out at some stage.
just goes between the caliper and the pad,and the piston and the pad.the bit that broke could of gone anywhere for sure,but mite have got jammed as well.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
So then they are just anti-rattle shims which some people keep and other throw out. Many pads now come with them regardless of how the original OEM's were.