Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam options

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I had the VCM 21 cam in my old L98 SS and it was great, it hardly noticeable. i made around 310wrkw, I'm also putting the same cam in my LS3 HSV soon.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
You can go a larger LSA but still keep a big duration and make good power. I run a 232/234 with a 114LSA (stock is 116 or 117 I think on an L77) as opposed to the 110 or 112 that most people seem to like. The end result was ~330rwkw, a noticeably cammy but not terribly grumpy idle.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
So am i reading this right that the options open to me with a manual and LS2 with the usual bolt on mods (headers, exhaust, cats deleted, OTR and tune) are a VCM 21 or 5 to achieve a grumpy idle and low to mid range power gain BUT not make the car shake?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
So am i reading this right that the options open to me with a manual and LS2 with the usual bolt on mods (headers, exhaust, cats deleted, OTR and tune) are a VCM 21 or 5 to achieve a grumpy idle and low to mid range power gain BUT not make the car shake?

Go have a chat with the person who will do the work and tune the car mate there's crap loads of different cams out there so there'd be plenty more options available to you than the 2 cams u mentioned although you couldn't go wrong with either of those I'm sure it all comes down to the tuner as to how the car will behave also a cam of xxx duration will be slightly less angry in a 6 litre as opposed to the 5.7 litre

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2

I'm pretty sure a lumpy idle will make the car shake.