Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Cam specs and results

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
Hey guys,

Time for me to get busy with my clubby.

Just wondering if people with LS2 6L's could post there cam specs + mods and there power at the rear wheels.

I have been reading a bigger cam suits the ls2's perfectly however can't find the thread that i read with the specs :(

My mods to go on are -

Xforce headers + Hiflow cats
KTMR OTR
Cam
Dual valve springs + retainers/bases/seals
Moly pushrods
25% underdrive kit

I'm yet to decide on the grind of the cam but i am thinking something around 232/238 113° - need some help deciding really

Chasing 320rwkw

Also do the vz ls2 6L's run a single bolt or 3 bolt cam?

Thanks everyone!

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
320rwkw should be achievable in an ls2, i know chevs performance recently put a comp 231/239 113 lsa cam with decent lift in a ve ss, maybe give them a call and see how it went, i think that guy did his heads as well, there in Melbourne. I'm interested myself to see how that cam went as well, haha.

either way will be a good set up.

this is the comp cam link for that cam http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1403&sb=0

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh nice, yeh these cams are cheap too from the states atm and could get a package deal from say comp too with cam, valve springs to suit and pushrods, might need fly cutting of the pistons with that cam, but might be ok in a ls2, have you been on to ls1tech and i think ls2.com is another one, American forums but gives you a good idea of what there running and then can compare to what were running here and get more of an idea too.

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
yeah mate thats what i've been looking at, cheap comp cam packages atm! Been to my mechanic today and his gonna find out whats the biggest i can fit.. The ls2 forum i went onto in the states was really helpful and gave me the specs i wanted but i just cant find it anymore haha. Cheers for the help mate

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
haha always the way, yeh the American forums are pritty helpfull, all good, good luck with the build.

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
cheers mate, had a good look on ls2forums.com and high 220's low to mid 230's are the best with around 112-113 of lift. Vz ls2 is a 3bolt camshaft so can get a cheap kit from the states