Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam to stall and diff

Eastsyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxii Ls1 Berlina Wagon
We'll at least I know what happened to it.

Does he admit to any bad choices?

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
lol wow been away and a lot has happened. it worked and it cranked you hardly put the foot down in second at 60 and it crabbed up the road and all this on only 6psi. (thats all we could get due to the wrong spring in the waste gate)we road tuned it 2years ago it lasted 40min before I blew the box and lost the top 2 gears. but it turned out to be one of the most responsive non lagy turbo setups I could have hoped for. this could have been due to number of reasons it was not stock to start with and ran 11. with boost and e85 tune and a 4000 stall it was fun top gear skids starting at 100k. but hey it only lasted 40 minutes. well the wife left me so first thing I did before I got another girl was rip the motor and trans and send it away to get rebuilt. and lucky I did as the rollers fell out off 2 cof the tie bar lifters so lucky the box blew or it would have been much worse. anyway going aginst the grain as I always do I got the 6l rebuilt with no stroker just olivers I beams and je race series pistons and a 243 258 at 110 with only 9to1 comp it went 591hp on the engine dyno. jb race engines have done the heads all that was done was a little taken out of the chambers to get the comp down to about 9.5 to 1 and ferrea comp plus exhaust valves and ferrea 6000 intakes. they flowed 708hp at 600 lift no porting was done just valves made to fit I have since put a vac pump on it and the box is now a th400 with transbrake in 1st and 2nd with a griner valve body and a 3500 stall. We also took the reluctor wheel out of the 4l65 and linal made it fit into the turbo 400 so that speedo will work as standard another thing we are trying to do is to put the electronic gear selector on as well so reverse lights work. It worked. I have now put a 9inch gforce with 3.7 Detroit locker witch caused trubble with my pipework due to being bigger so I remade the pipework near the diff to fit and put a tial 60mm gate in there as well this time as now I know this works. I am putting a whole new fuel system in it all -10 and holly twin pumps. and a new 2peice shaft and a holly computer to look after it. the fuel, computer, and tail shaft are getting put in as we speak by terry at paramount. who is going to tune it as well this time. the same turbo is going to be used as it works. I see there is a 82mm borgworner with a .9 rear now as well a few years on and a lot of people now use the s400 at the drags. if this car is lucky it will get a rollcage but I have a new project and the driveline will go into it when the body of the ht Monaro is finished. what boost adder ill use who knows who cares its at least a year before I have to worry about that.

Last edited:

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh by the way I never put any of this on facebook or how it turned out. so I don't know what you were look at it was not me or my car.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
been reading this thread eaton v8 however im running l76 6l stock bottom a vcm 3 cam 4000stall and 3.9 gears running street radials mts with king springs and getting 11.2s swapped to fe2 suspension and still getting same times without bags and to much mods being a daily driver as well, so I would be happy with ya times without going turboed.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you. 11.2 was fun times but knowing and driving this thing ill never keep na again. Oh the money i wasted chasing na times but i learnt alot. Just put a windmill on it is all i can say there is no comparison. well i changed my mind on a few things so here is a ferther update. The holly did not happen at paromount but the fuel system did. I got the car home and put a heltech 2500 in it. The computer got wired into the standard ss wiring harness so everything still works as it should in the ss. Then we took it to a dyno and it was a long day and bugs need to be ironed out. First the 1000s got maxed out so we put the 2000s into it. Next the box started to like 2 gears at a later date we found that we had broken the circlip fins inside the box so all the internals of the box was floating around back and forth so oil was not getting to the gears that needed it killing power. we found that out later thats another problem a rebuild found i always said it was like it was draging gears. So all was going well apart from that. So lost lots of power there. We could not figger out why we were using 1100 hp worth of fuel in the brake specific fuel and it was not showing it. Also the next problem was it was making all its power by 6000rpm and the held the same power to 8300 no matter what timing you put in it the hp line just flat lined. so we put that down to the turbo rear wheel and t4 .9 housing being too small and and sending the back pressure skyward just could not get rid of the gasses out the gate. But remember i made the kit for a stock 6l with a cam that would only go to 6000 rpm and thats how we picked the turbo. Anyway i got the shits up sold the bw s475 for a 1000 and got a bw s480 for a 1000 in there now with a t6 1.32 rear (i have a t6 1.15 on order for when and if i need it)and 96mm rear wheel( its a much bigger turbo by physical size too due to the t6. Another headake for later )and well that seems to have well and truly fixed that problem. I had to remake the tail section as its now 5 inch out of the turbo where before it was 4 inch and then i had to make my own muffler as no one makes a 5in in and twin 3in out in the space i had to play with suprise suprise.i have not got it back to the dyno yet but there is no comparison of these two turbos. At the moment the boost comes on only a 1000 rpm later with the big rear wheel and t6 1.32 still with the old tune and now it breathes and it reves way faster now. But it needs to be tuned the afrs seem ok but there is a lot more in it. The way the power delivery is ill always build these type of kits i could never have thought it would drive or perform like this. Any one who says they dont work has never been in one

Last edited: