Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber kit

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
can any1 recomend a place that will install a 4 point camber kit in melbourne? preferably northern suburbs.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
I had a mechanic refuse to fit a 4 point because he said they put too much pressure on the diff bearings-really dont know if he's full of it.

He did put in the outers though (2 point) which did give more traction in the rear, and tyres have lasted better. Still toying with putting in the other 2 if I can afford it. Got them sitting there

lowered with 18" wheels occasionally pulling a boat and broken down mates.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I had a mechanic refuse to fit a 4 point because he said they put too much pressure on the diff bearings-really dont know if he's full of it.

He did put in the outers though (2 point) which did give more traction in the rear, and tyres have lasted better. Still toying with putting in the other 2 if I can afford it. Got them sitting there

lowered with 18" wheels occasionally pulling a boat and broken down mates.

Give the guys at Strutfit a ring 9706 8322 . They are in Dandenong and he will answer and questions or doubts you have concerning 4 point camber kits .They have been in the suspension game for over 30 years and have fitted hundreds of camber kits . It took him about 4 hours to do mine , That included a wheel alignment
The main problem is some guys who fit camber kits try to stand your rear wheels up as straight as they can this is what stuffs up the diff bearings as it pulls the axels out of the diff . It is mostly the toe out that wears your tyres out more than the camber .

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
im running
sl's in the front and ssl's in the rear with bsa 291's and 235/45/17 tyres..

i work at repco so i can get them cheap :D

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
That's what he kept saying- toe kills tyres not camber. But I thought the 4 point kit was toe adjustable, whereas the 2 point (outers) was camber only?

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I played around with my four point camber kit today at work, theres very little adjustment to reduce the camber, oh well mine doesnt wear the inside of the tyre that much because I run ****loads of toe in.

in the end I made it

LR

camber
-3.30 degress

toe in
+2.5mm

RR

camber
-2.50 degrees

toe in
+2.0mm

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
The 4 point will enable you to adjust toe and camber . It took the guy approx 1 hour to do my wheel alignment . A rear wheel alignment costs about 80 bucks . Before i got my kit installed my tyres would last about 20,000 kays and that is with factory FE2 suspension . I have since done 15000 with the 4 point kit and the rears still look like new

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Advantage Suspension in Moorabbin. Installs the Noltec Kits

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
went 2 pedders today they recommend i dont put a 4-point in coz itl stuff the diff bearings and all that. whereas they said to go for a 2point kit for $300 which includes a wheel alignment. and they said nothing will solve the problem but it will fix 80% of it. So u guys rekon i should go for the 2point or am i wasting my money?