Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam's 95 VS Exec.

C-J-M

JC's very own J. Hetfield
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
what paints did you use to spary the fascia ???

Hey man, thanks for checking out the car.

Uh for the fascia surrounding the instrument cluster I used the gloss black paint from Autobarn, I'm not entirely sure of the brand name but it costs about $4 for a can.

The vents were done using White Knight Superchrome paint.
The actual original console you can see was done using the original Holden paint, but I don't know when it was put in.

Most paint I used has been from Autobarn, including the Vinyl dye for the doors.

fatvsss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
true was all the doors and fascia hard to do or fairly simple, cause i want to do it myself but dont want to be getting my self into something i cant get out lol

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
true was all the doors and fascia hard to do or fairly simple, cause i want to do it myself but dont want to be getting my self into something i cant get out lol

its very easy the vinyl dye paint is very forgiving jsut keep even strokes and youll be right same with any paint really

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
its very easy the vinyl dye paint is very forgiving jsut keep even strokes and youll be right same with any paint really

This.
Any mistakes you make, you can turpentine off, in my experience it hasn't damaged the doors at all.

Also, ute's looking nice, Jonni. :D

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Howdy lads / lasses, just some updated pics and a bit of a hint as to where I'm going with the old girl.

First pic, was something very simple. Removed the front grille trims and sprayed them with White Knight Super Chrome paint. I may need to go over them again in a high heat variety next time, however; As you can see, the Super Chrome is slowly fading away. Oh yes, the front end is also damaged by bugs of steel.

DSCF3293.jpg

Next, my dodgy Supercheap Pedals which will soon be replaced by some SS ones. Hopefully. I think the accelerator pedal is slowly coming off.

DSCF3301.jpg

Full blue LED instrument cluster conversion. :rockon:

DSCF3298.jpg

My hint of a new colour change- Ocean blue paint with some brutal glitter. Yeah man, glitter. Homemade job, looks amazing, didn't take long at all. Also shown: Chrome-painted heater/air con surrounding, and Head Unit in proper position.

DSCF3299.jpg

Found a full centre console / Handbrake boot from a VP and extracted it. This is the result, glitter and all. Phwooar yeah.

DSCF3300.jpg

Interior so far. Much more to come, stay tuned for the evolution of this tuned up monster.

DSCF3295.jpg

Kioes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2 3.8L
Very nice my VR is the same color!

and seems we both have scratched up paint ;P

this is coming nicely though!

Check my thread :) will be updated today!

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Very clean man, love those exhaust tips :yeah:

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Very clean man, love those exhaust tips :yeah:

Thanks man, sounds grouse! I'm tempted to split the exhaust and get another set of dual tips coming out the other side of the bumper... Tip's only $70 from Autobarn

Found some more recent pics that I've taken, with the mesh grille on...
28824_1185748302697_1797974261_369200_6973306_n.jpg

28824_1185828104692_1797974261_369285_7871761_n.jpg

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
looks the goods mate , keep at it . all the little mods will add up and one day you will be proud of her :p