Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam's VY2 SS

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Well I was in the mood for some new wheels while on holiday, so what do you guys think of these ones? I never could choose wheels, I just never seem to find any I fall in love with, well except the one I'm using as an avatar but it's 20 x 14 so just won't fit.

1. Wheel on my car
2. Closer of wheel on my car
3. Same wheel with rubberbands on a friends Supercharged FPV GT-P Ute

Pulling some strings they can be gotten for about $2400 with rubber, retail around the $3800 mark normally.

Last edited:

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Aaaaarrrrgghh I am so MAD. Got called into work last night/this morning (it was late/early whatever) made it almost there when BOOM damn Skippy decided he'd T-bone the SS.

I was so mad I got out and stomped on his head for like 3 minutes, finally got to work and security guys told me I looked like I had just murdered someone.

Worst part is I have to pay out my excess, apparently they can't recover their costs from a Kangaroo, and if I didn't have Rating 1 protection I'd have lost that too. GRRR so MAD.

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Car goes in to the shop on Tuesday for the repairs finally! It will be so good to get her back to pristine condition. The guys assure me she'll be as good as new so that's good.

40k service tomorrow also so a really big week for her. Reduced to the old foot falcons for a few days though.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I know its a bit late but nice ride my friend !! How is she now after all the repairs ??

B

brcko

camvyss said:
....If you look closely you can see that the gear lever and handbrake have also had the red leather treatment. Simply put HBD (Holden By Design). It is an option that is sadly only available for the automatics, manuals are a no go as my buddy here just found out.
Hmmmm... If you're right, I have unique VY-SS II, MANUAL and HOLDEN BY DESIGN :yeah:

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Updates

I've been a busy little beaver since the car got skippied.

I took it in for it's LS1 Edit. All I can say is OH MY GOD! The car went from "yeah ok it's an 8, but where's all the kick", to "Holy sh*t! What was that!".

Needless to say I was grinning ear to ear when I rolled it off the dyno. For the figure chasers, with just a Cat back exhaust and a K&N intake it had 182Kw @ the rears. With the Edit it went to 225.3Kw @ the rears. Big difference.

But I was still not happy with the Auto. It just didn't feel responsive enough. I've heard talk about 'drive by wire' or something but I still felt it should be more responsive. So I went shopping again.

I found my love in a B&M Shift Improver Kit. Had to specially order it, apparently there's not a lot of call for them in Australia, go figure. Well how to describe this marvel...

Crazy. That about sums it up. Every gear change breaks traction, scary. It even feels as though it has more to offer so next week we are shifting the redline up a further 500rpm to bring it to a 6000rpm redline. To describe the shifting of the transmission now it's farily well akin to flat shifting in a manual. The cars only drawback at the moment is because of the shifting it doesn't like wet roads.

So looking to the future will be the redline shift next week. Further down the track, probably around November, will be my Vortech Supercharger Kit. I forsee a new friendship forming between myself and the local tyre salesmen.

Last edited:

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Well F@#k

Oh boy.

Just as I was starting to have fun my world has come crashing down again. This time in the form of a smoking lump of refuse I used to call my transmission. It seems I got a lemon and us playing with the shifting just caused it to die faster.

So it's off to Holden to see whether they will replace it under warranty or pass it off to our local transmission people to get rebuilt. I'm hoping it's the later option as I have been in contact and they will build me a new transmission that will be able to take the future supercharger on Holden's budget with a little fundage from me. Woo.

*Crosses fingers*

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Hey Cam...
Where did you get your edit done ?
And how much was it?
Also in one of your last posts (i know it was like 6 months ago )
you said you heard of drive by wire.. thats just electronic throttle control ( no accelerator cable ) every model from the VZ has it.

My next mod will be an LS1 edit since i got mine lowered.
So hopefully my drive by wire will make mine a little more responsive....