Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lurchymundra

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman VT Calais
I have a dual fuel WK Statesman. Which decided to snap the little rod for the boot latch. My boot was stuck and I had no way of getting in. The Emergency cable was snapped and the gas tank blocks the middle seat to crawl through.

So Instead I had to remove rear seats, remove the parcel shelf, remove the 8’ speakers. ( on other models there will be a panel you can pop out) reach your hand in and undo the 10 mm boot hinge bolts pull the boot back, don’t be scared but slowly so you don’t break the wires, to then get enough room to pull the lining down and undo the latch to open the boot and fix it.
Hope this helps someone! Cause I just spent a long few hours working out how to do a 30 minute job all because of the gas tank and the boot lining.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Sucks they stopped putting a keyed lock on the boots after the VT, too. I locked my keys in the boot of my VX once, and I've got a gas tank too, but luckily my emergency cable still worked and it was reachable through the back seat. You're stuffed if you're locked in the boot though, because you can't reach it because of the tank!

Reactions: Lex