Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can Anyone Tell Me Whats The Go With Dropping In A V6 Supercharged Motor In Vp SII

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I can not recall any VP coming our with a Super 6. The Buick engine did however come out with a Eaton M62 blower as a factory release.

As others have said just bolt a L67 in to it and have it plated if you really want to. Do a ECU and loom swap to keep the sequential injection and some other niceties that the later ECU's have and away you go.

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 3.8,VP Exceutive S2 3.8L 5speed
alright thanks guys im buying a Vs SII now and can i drop my Vp SII T5 gearbox in the vs sII or do all the 5speed gearboxs from Vn-Vs will fit in
and then can i drop a supercharger in the Vs SII without engineered certificate or do i still need one

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You won't need engineers cert for the vs. Being a s2 vs, you might need to drill holes and find a way to put nuts above the holes for the gearbox crossmember. Vs s2 only ever came out with the getrag.

Your gearbox will bolt up fine, but you will need to have your flywheel balanced appropriately as the buicks and ecotecs are balanced differently.

L67's also never came out with a manual behind them, so you'll need to have a memcal tuned and modify your wiring to suit.

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for everyone reply on that.
Alright new question but sort of the same i will have soon a Vx SII supercharged and wondering if i use it as a donor car will i be able to swap everthing over (Motor+Transmission,Running Gear,Diff) on to my Vp SII i know ill have to engineered but this is what i want so if anyone give me some advice on this and any tips,ideas i'll appreciate them.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You'll only be able to swap the diff if your VP is IRS and you swap the entire housing. Supercharged VY had an M80 which means the centre won't swap into a live axle housing.

All the gear will drop in, but like I said before you'll need to use a VS loom and ECU with a supercharged memcal and VATS turned off. You'll need to investigate the possibility of using the later trans on the earlier ECU.

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Ok that's what i need to know about the diff
Why cant i used the Vx loom and ecu with original supercharged Memcal as i gonna be swapping everything over so couldn't i just use the Vx loom and ECU Supercharged Memcal or am i missing something

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
For some reason I read VY instead of VX, same deal for the diff though.

Luckily for you the VX supercharged ECU still used a memcal and wasn't flash based, so yes you can use it without having to dick around with the ECU as a whole. You'll still need to get VATS removed, probably easiest and cheapest to send it to a mail order tuner.

Newbie1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's what i was hoping to hear cheers but why do i have to get the VATS removed what will happen if i don't
Cheers