Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can i get a exemption to drive supercharged vt on red Ps ?

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Wraith is actually $1500. i think ive figured it but drive it on my ls after that pull the charger of it put all the legal stuff back on it i and keep the charger for when i get of ps cause its a vgc s pac factory supercharged you cant even get a stocker vt for $1500 so im pritty happy for the price of this one

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
no in most states with similar restrictions to vic and NSW VT/X/Y/Z supercharged commodores are all banned you can not get a exemption, to clasify as a family car it must be a statesman

And there is a thing called a search button dude try it before posting cause there is like 1000 threads on the matter

Not quite true, I've seen Vic p-platers on this forum and another getting exemptions on Calais and Supercharged VT SS as well as statesman. I haven't seem any for S-pac or berlina but they may be possible to get

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah thats what else i was thinking and just putting the stock stuff on the engine i think its a bargain for 1500

I think the old addage of "if it sounds too good to be true" is very appropriate here. Sounds like you would be buying yourself a lot of trouble.

Reaper

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
You can buy a $10000 with more troubles than a $1500 car! It's just a chance you take i guess..

I'd say, just remove the supercharger until your allowed to drive it.. - Swapping engines would cost more.. + wouldn't the supercharged engine last longer then a stock N/A engine?
I THINK only way you can get a exemption is that it's a business car and it's required... Don't quote me on that.. but that's what I've heard..

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I'd say, just remove the supercharger until your allowed to drive it.. - Swapping engines would cost more.. + wouldn't the supercharged engine last longer then a stock N/A engine?
I THINK only way you can get a exemption is that it's a business car and it's required... Don't quote me on that.. but that's what I've heard..

Swapping engines completely would probably be less work and cheaper than removing the blower and the supercharged engine would be rubbish without the supercharger because of the lower compression ratio.

Exemptions aren't necessarily for work cars. In some states there are certain cars which are V8 or supercharged which have low power to weight so P-platers can legally drive them. But they make you apply for an exemption so If you have a bad driving record or lose your license they can prohibit you from driving it. I actually think its a great Idea and gives P-platers extra responsibility and an added incentive to drive more carefully

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Swapping engines completely would probably be less work and cheaper than removing the blower and the supercharged engine would be rubbish without the supercharger because of the lower compression ratio.

Exemptions aren't necessarily for work cars. In some states there are certain cars which are V8 or supercharged which have low power to weight so P-platers can legally drive them. But they make you apply for an exemption so If you have a bad driving record or lose your license they can prohibit you from driving it. I actually think its a great Idea and gives P-platers extra responsibility and an added incentive to drive more carefully

Yicks.. Feel like a idiot now.. Just thought unbolting the S/C and replacing with a normal intake would be easy.

heh, said don't quote me on it.. Only what I've read and what I understood..
at-least L platers are still able to drive what ever.. give them a chance to feel what it's like to have the power..
What would be more dangerous.. Not knowing what power feels like.. having like a hyundai Excel until your full license and you jump into a V8 or S/C Car
or
Learning throughout the stages..

My mate had a toyota camry and has to push it to get any where.. she jumped into my car and pretty much took off sideways.. :\

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
So true about learning to in a car with some power. My mate learnt in his instructors hyundai and never drove anything else. Got his P's after only 15hours driving experience and picked up a VS (only 6 years old back then so a pretty cool first car). Big shock, first time the roads were a tiny bit damp and he ended up spinning it into a gutter when he wasn't even being stupid, he just had no idea a car could react like that.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
im just going to resale it a old lady ownes it its never been manged :) .

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
well if it really was 1500, fix anything wrong with it, sell it for top doller and you should have a few grand to play with, get a clean ecotec or something, this is just like the other thread how someone wanted to take there supercharger out, why not sell it to someone who can drive it instead of changing stuff around