Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can i replace my lifters through my heads?

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
No the inlet manifold has to be removed. don't use new lifters on an old cam. you will chew a lobe off very easily.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Using new lifters on a used cam will destroy both the cam and lifters in no time....Is there any reason why you are replacing the lifters?? As PREDATR said, it's a manifold off job!

Valve springs can be done in the car by just removing the rocker covers & rockers, but you need a valve spring compressor.

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Use anti pump lifters for a hyd cam and solid lifters for solid cam and roller lifters for roller cam... brands are different but yeah none are "better" than the other as such. just don't buy some dodgy brand...

why do you want to change valve springs? whats that supposed to achieve... if you don't have a different cam the stock valve springs are fine and i dont see them being worn out as such...

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
If its done that many kms the lifters and springs are gone... whats the point of changing them... the rest of the motor inside can't be to flash...

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
If its done that many kms the lifters and springs are gone... whats the point of changing them... the rest of the motor inside can't be to flash...
You do have a valid point sir.