Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I safely raise the driving height of my 2014 VF Calais Sportwagon.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ By government regulations I assume you mean OH&S.

Such doesn’t say you can’t have people in a workshop though it would require some process of induction must be performed before entry is allowed to non-inducted people.

Such a process could be a simple verbal explanation of where a person can go within the workshop and what if anything they can do. Then get them to sign a disclaimer that states the business has provided a verbal induction according to their process and that the business is not liable in case of accident caused by their stupidity.

But if your boss doesn’t want to have such a documented process on an A4 sheet filed away, fair enoug as it’s his business.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Nothing wrong with the safety procedures in my workplace.....They can trip over tyres/rims, hoist legs, air lines just to name a couple....Then you have the risk of an exploding tyre (seen it before, where a wire wasn't in the bead, causing it to explode with 20 PSI)....That caused the employee to go deaf in 1 ear.

All these things are part and parcel of being in the tyre game and you can't have all these things up every second of the day and you can't predict if a tyre is going to explode. You can forwarn a non-employee until you are blue in the face, but if they go ass up, they can sue the bejesus out of the owner, despite having warning signs up.

So the best solution is prevent anyone entering the workshop....I personally don't agree with it, but I have to abide by regulations

As I said, I've never been turned away nor have I turned anyone away.

As far as a tyre shop goes, I've been in the workshops under the cars taking measurements and photographs, helping do dummy fits with staff including the supervisors/owners without ever having anybody show concern.

I can understand the need to minimise the risk of injury as workplace insurance is a killer after the first accident but H&S does take a workable approach to visitors.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hey guys, do you think we can get this derailed thread back on topic please? If you want to discuss workshop OH&S (which is a good discussion) maybe create a thread in the Pub.

Now let's get back to the topic at hand..... how to safely raise the height of the OP's car. :)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
^+1.
I got butt hurt just reading this WHS crap. There was no sign in sight. Can I sue?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
^ By government regulations I assume you mean OH&S.

Such doesn’t say you can’t have people in a workshop though it would require some process of induction must be performed before entry is allowed to non-inducted people.

Such a process could be a simple verbal explanation of where a person can go within the workshop and what if anything they can do. Then get them to sign a disclaimer that states the business has provided a verbal induction according to their process and that the business is not liable in case of accident caused by their stupidity.

But if your boss doesn’t want to have such a documented process on an A4 sheet filed away, fair enoug as it’s his business.

Been there done that.....Had a fellow underneath a hoist, whilst I was aligning a car....He had a tin of spray paint in his hand....I stepped back, not knowing how close he was behind me, stepping on his feet and he ended up smacking me in the head with that tin

So question begs, would you enjoy this sort of thing happening to you, because I don't

I could go on about some stupid things that I have had to endure on worksites, doing road service but it'd be pointless

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Don't disagree that there are some real dumb knuckle customers out there which simply highlights to me that our license standards are far too low if you think about it o_O

@Alex1954 , how is the process of raising the car or buying something else going?