Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can Mr plod pull you over and fine you on his day off

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
'politically incorrect' is what is thought of first nowadays instead of risks and practicality unfortunately

yeah i know. i dont fully believe in the whole theory of "if you are in australia then you can do as australians do" because a bit of cultural diversity isnt a bad thing, but somethings get taken to far to please a few people.

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
yer, he doesnt need to show the badge while driving, all he needs to do is flash is head lights untill you stop because you think he's going to tell you that your brake light is dead or that you have something wrong with your car. once you do stop, then he pulls out the badge

(edit: sorry its off topic, i only read the first page, didnt see the others)

aero135

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
yeah i know. i dont fully believe in the whole theory of "if you are in australia then you can do as australians do" because a bit of cultural diversity isnt a bad thing, but somethings get taken to far to please a few people.

Yeh true that, its good to make exeptions for people due to culture on some occasions but when it comes to something like this... better not to

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Yeh true that, its good to make exeptions for people due to culture on some occasions but when it comes to something like this... better not to

Ummm... Why is it ever ok? If you CHOOSE to come and live in the Australian culture, why should Australians be subject to the culture you CHOSE to leave behind. Now I don't mind what you do in your own home, but why do Australians have to constantly be so "tolerant" of other cultures when so many people from those cultures clearly show contempt for the Australian culture by not adapting to it and living by it?

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Ummm... Why is it ever ok? If you CHOOSE to come and live in the Australian culture, why should Australians be subject to the culture you CHOSE to leave behind. Now I don't mind what you do in your own home, but why do Australians have to constantly be so "tolerant" of other cultures when so many people from those cultures clearly show contempt for the Australian culture by not adapting to it and living by it?

About time you said something sensible, few and far between, so good on you for that.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac

x2, couldnt agree more. I enjoy other peoples cultures etc, things such as food are a good thing to have a variety of. but I second what you say there CSP

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You would have to be a pretty brave cop to wear a turban as part as your uniform as it seems in these times every turban or burka wearer is automatically labelled a terrorist.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Im guessing most of these officers are located in area's where they''ll be dealing with their own type?

I see nothing good coming from any of this...