Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the VN beat the VE ?!?!

GLD-086

Reaction score
I think the VN might beat it, but the VE is brand new and I would rather that any day.:D

VE Calais ftw.:yeah:

They should've released a VE Calais Turbo, in honour of the famous VL Calais Turbo.:)

A

ajs_gr8_v8

i honetly think the ve's look shocking! compaired to recent ones! the only reason why i would get one is for the 6ltr v8! they look too much like a jap car i think, thats what i thort when i went up close to one

GLD-086

Reaction score
ajs_gr8_v8 said:
i honetly think the ve's look shocking! compaired to recent ones! the only reason why i would get one is for the 6ltr v8! they look too much like a jap car i think, thats what i thort when i went up close to one

Fair enough.

The VE's copped alot of flack, since it's release.

I guess the new look, is too much for some people, to absorb.

The only thing that spoils the sports models (Like the SV6, SS, SS V etc) is the wing. Without the wing, it would look so much better. IMO

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
i think it looks good.. its just hard trying to remember its a commodore :p

i like classics my self, if i had the cash id get a torana or a old monaro but i dont have the $$ to keep one of those things on the road... i prefer having a calais tho... its only like what 50-60kg heavier but has power windows, a good interior, trip comp cruize ect.. ill just have to compensate by dumping more power into it :D

ohhh hozy why did u start this thread.. lol its gonna be like the "can a vn beat a VT " thread... NEVER ENDING!!!!!! and no one cna be bothered giving time slips to prove either side

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Well stock for stock vn wont beat VE
Modified with mayb 115rwkw? Im guessing thats 15.7territory and the vn should beat it.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Official Stats from Wheels for the VE V6 Range:

0-100:

Omega - 8.1 Seconds
Berlina - 8.2 Seconds
SV6 - 7.4 Seconds
Calais V6 - 7.4 Seconds

VN V6 S1 - 8.1 Seconds
VN V6 S2/VP - 8.0 Seconds

1/4 Mile:

Omega - 15.8 Seconds
Berlina - 15.8 Seconds
SV6 - 15.5 Seconds
Calais V6 - 15.3 Seconds

VN V6 S1 - 15.7 Seconds
VN V6 S2/VP - 15.6 Seconds

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The SV6 might have been a manual, the 6 speed auto is a pretty good bit of gearbox in a straight line it seems, looks like it's better at shifting than Joe average wheels tester