Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can u make a v6 sound like a v8? exhaust wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
VSAccCom said:
Charg'd Vt why are u always putting negative input into these threads, u know some people cant afford to have an HSV like some prick *cough* so they go for the cheaper alternative, and want their car to sound nice now is that really a problem for you wanker

umm it was a simple question ok and as for me having a hsv i worked my arse off to get it, so get f*****, & i wasnt meaning it to be a negative comment, i had a vr with a sports exhaust that didnt sound like an 8 but sounded good for a six

Last edited:
B

blofly

Just a little off topic but one night I was changing my transmission and was in a bit of a hurry to get the second hand one in and didn't tighten the flange bolts up tight enough on the engine pipes. The result was a car that sounded like a supercharged harley davidson!, weirdly it didn't sound too bad! when I got too work one of the supervisors said jeeeezus what the hell have you done now? I just shrugged and said "I phucked up!" :w00t:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
blofly said:
Just a little off topic but one night I was changing my transmission and was in a bit of a hurry to get the second hand one in and didn't tighten the flange bolts up tight enough on the engine pipes. The result was a car that sounded like a supercharged harley davidson!, weirdly it didn't sound too bad! when I got too work one of the supervisors said jeeeezus what the hell have you done now? I just shrugged and said "I phucked up!" :w00t:

nice phuck up by the sound of it, did u fix it or leave it with the sound

B

blofly

haha yeah I fixed it after work because it was a tad to loud and grumpy sounding but still I would say it sounded very errrr different and when I broke a power steering line I lost all the fluid and the power steering pump sounded like straight cut gears!

crashy13

=(BUSTOUT)=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 9C1 & VH SL/E
brands

whats the best brands for extractors and an exhaust setup?

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i have pacemakers on my xu6, on my vr i only had a redback exhaust which sounded good

V

VSAccCom

thats better some possitive feedback :p thats wats forums should be like, as far as i can gather pacemakers seem to be the go for extractors and as for the zhorst redback or lukey people seem to be happy with

crashy13

=(BUSTOUT)=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 9C1 & VH SL/E
sweet as

sweet as! will look in to getting those brands...

crashy13

=(BUSTOUT)=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 9C1 & VH SL/E
this is interestin...

i was sitting next to a vr or vs today and i noticed the sweet sound coming from it, near the sound im after for mine, looking at the front guard expecting to see V8 but to my surprise it said V6?? as they merged infront of me i noticed a cannon tip exhaust? u know, like those ones on the civics and sh**t rice boy racers???

i was thinking what do you recon about a guy havin a cannon muffler on his car? considering its not an import?? i was like wtf at first then thought if you mount it back enough from the rear bumper then no-one would know its a cannon rice boy muffler? and get that mad sound??

anyone have a cannon muffler on their car? what sound it produce?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i have a cannon on my car... not overly huge but good enough, the sound is deeper, i saw a vl with a cannon but they mustve put it on by themselves coz it was hangin down and looked stupid... mine is neatly tucked up there and can only be seen from behind... but can be heard from everywhere.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.