Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can u mess with cruise controll so its useable before 40ks?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I use cruise at ~90k's through popular roo country with my foot hovering over the brake so I don't have to glance at the speedo ever and am ready on the brake if a roo jumps out at me

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I use cruise at ~90k's through popular roo country with my foot hovering over the brake so I don't have to glance at the speedo ever and am ready on the brake if a roo jumps out at me

Which could be utilised at 40 aswell through roadworks ;)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the thread is about enabling cruise below 40kmph. doing 40kmph isnt cruising.. CRUISE control..

lol i didnt imply u did or u sleep at the wheel, just a rebuttal to show u theres a big difference at those speeds. ;) but yes you must be in control of the vehicle at all times

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
the thread is about enabling cruise below 40kmph. doing 40kmph isnt cruising.. CRUISE control..

lol i didnt imply u did or u sleep at the wheel, just a rebuttal to show u theres a big difference at those speeds. ;) but yes you must be in control of the vehicle at all times

So what is cruising? 100? 80? 60? 50? where do you draw the line ;)

Maybe we should rename it for your benefit, to throttle control :)

Your point is just like saying brakes are for slowing down. Clearly there not, there for women drivers and old people to ride because they can't maintain speed (they could with my nifty throttle control device ;))

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
So what is cruising? 100? 80? 60? 50? where do you draw the line ;)

Maybe we should rename it for your benefit, to throttle control :)

Your point is just like saying brakes are for slowing down. Clearly there not, there for women drivers and old people to ride because they can't maintain speed (they could with my nifty throttle control device ;))

i draw the line where its safe enough to do so, freeways, open roads, any where i dont have to worry about stupid pedestrians stepping out on the road without looking, a kid running across the road to see mummy, or a council worker trying to do his job. kinda logical really.

lol brakes are for slowing down, u dont use them to speed up, hence the name.. again..

EDIT: and i cant help it if women and old ppl have both there feet on each pedal, each doing its job together combined to an end result. technically they're the safest, both feet at the ready lol

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i draw the line where its safe enough to do so, freeways, open roads, any where i dont have to worry about stupid pedestrians stepping out on the road without looking, a kid running across the road to see mummy, or a council worker trying to do his job. kinda logical really.

lol brakes are for slowing down, u dont use them to speed up, hence the name.. again..

EDIT: and i cant help it if women and old ppl have both there feet on each pedal, each doing its job together combined to an end result. technically they're the safest, both feet at the ready lol

I use my 'accelerator' pedal to maintain speed (after i've finished accelerating), why isn't it called an 'accelerator/maintain pedal'? After all, most of your time using it is maintaining speed, not accelerating.:whistling

We have extremely different uses for the cruise control then. I use it all the time where it will work, 50, 60, 100, all the same to me. My alert level doesn't change, so even if a kid runs out when i'm doing 50, it would be the same as doing 100.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
not so different views, i do use it at lower speeds, but i can keep my foot steady at a speed without goin over. i use cruise for long trips, mainly regional. many ppl engage cruise and the lightbulb flicks off inside there head. u still have the alert level, many dont.

my point was more aimed at 'oh i didnt realise i was speeding excuse' so wtf are you concentrating so hard at?

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yer well its not as if you click cruise control in a school zone and pull out the latest zoo mag is it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer well its not as if you click cruise control in a school zone and pull out the latest zoo mag is it.

Reminds me of that story in America, Lady sued Winnebago for not having a warning on her RV, she set the cruise control, then went to the toilet. Obviously it crashed. So now they all say cruise control doesn't steer for you, or some ****.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
How can it be safe to use a cruise control at one speed and not on another as long as it's in the legal limit. Lets put safety's on all buttons that aren't right in front of us, so you can't use them when the car is moving including those tricky electric windows OOOOOH!