Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you update mylink firmware yourself?

Frog201

Reaction score
Hi all

I just bought a vf Holden Commodore sv6 which I will take to my local car mechanic to get serviced
And since it's not Holden he won't be updating the firmware in my link

I'm just wondering am I able to update firmware myself?

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi all

I just bought a vf Holden Commodore sv6 which I will take to my local car mechanic to get serviced
And since it's not Holden he won't be updating the firmware in my link

I'm just wondering am I able to update firmware myself?

No, it has to be done at a Holden Dealership via USB. The joys of the marketplace in which we live in.

Frog201

Reaction score
Wonder how many people take there car to the Holden dealer just to update firmware.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Um, it just gets done at your next service....
Yeah, but some of us don't want our cars damaged so don't get our cars serviced at Holden dealers.

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Um, it just gets done at your next service....

Usually not unless you ask for it!

I had mine updated and it had an issue with Bluetooth. I ended up having to have a complete install and revision which took 3/4 of a day to finish. So all up, 2 days without a car. (including a standard service).

I can tell you now it's just not worth it. There are no new apps other than what came with the car and I don't even use the onboard GPS, as its too slow and never updated. I use an iPhone w. TomTom and have doe so for 4 years. Always updated, latest roads and traffic. I see no difference in anything since the upgraded firmware was installed and there is no technical sheet available to view any changes.

Carcool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Man
Mylink Firmware Update

i see no difference in anything since the upgraded firmware was installed and there is no technical sheet available to view any changes.
View attachment EPSON003.PDFView attachment EPSON001.PDF

Well here is the GM bulletin on Mylink changes as per the July 16 revision. Most of the changes relate to startup and screen issues. My dealer says this is the latest update from GM as of November

Mark

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
The link is working for me although it's not the complete bulletin. But thanks.
Does anyone know what the SOP after the MY14 means?
Also, why would the MY13's be excluded? I like the anticipation of an update. I expect nothing and haven't been disappointed yet!