Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink update from old discussions

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Hi all, it’s been quite a while since last on, as we all know the mylink is ****, and many have tried all different things to upgrade the old system,
I have finally finished the complete upgrade to pioneer system for my VF Ute and it all works with no codes being thrown, I have plans for the dash fascia shortly that’s why i have it looks plain

Attachments

• B9D6EE7E-B40A-4A99-954C-34E779804C70.jpeg
    B9D6EE7E-B40A-4A99-954C-34E779804C70.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 141

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
What have you got to run the vehicle settings? I found my Pioneer can’t have the reverse guidelines turned on because the pioneer wont automatically switch inputs. And deafult setup means the guidelines don’t play nice when Aerpro’s adapter decides it needs to take over the screen.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it wont "throw codes", the system is not that smart.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
What have you got to run the vehicle settings? I found my Pioneer can’t have the reverse guidelines turned on because the pioneer wont automatically switch inputs. And deafult setup means the guidelines don’t play nice when Aerpro’s adapter decides it needs to take over the screen.
I’m not running aerpro after all my searching over the years I’m running idata meastro with pioneer and all works well , sorry but arrpro is just rubbish

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I’m not running aerpro after all my searching over the years I’m running idata meastro with pioneer and all works well , sorry but arrpro is just rubbish
Got some pics? I'd like to not use their module. I'm not their biggest fan and thats not just based on using their product. But thats all I could afford at the time.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Idata maestro is not compatible with AU pioneer units as the unit need a data input at the back of the unit

Attachments

• F1B8D75A-ABF5-4170-8A82-8A1EEA181BDD.jpeg
    F1B8D75A-ABF5-4170-8A82-8A1EEA181BDD.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 71

PH1LTHY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series 2
Hi,

Recently bought a VF2 and have been reading all the old forum posts about the multiple ways to update the systems.

I’m sort of leaning more into iData/aftermarket head unit. As it just looks to be the most effective option. Compared to Kayhans/naviplus/import road. Appreciate you lose the factory buttons at the top.

Where did you get the fascia from? As every time I google etc it just keeps coming up with the Aerpro one which, doesn’t suit the car at all.

Were you able to retain factory mic?

Thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
@PH1LTHY have a look for some of @LyLy’s more recent posts, I’m pretty sure he divulged more about the exact products he used in a thread started since Christmas.

PH1LTHY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series 2
Thanks, Have reached out on the latest posts.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Hi,

Recently bought a VF2 and have been reading all the old forum posts about the multiple ways to update the systems.

I’m sort of leaning more into iData/aftermarket head unit. As it just looks to be the most effective option. Compared to Kayhans/naviplus/import road. Appreciate you lose the factory buttons at the top.

Where did you get the fascia from? As every time I google etc it just keeps coming up with the Aerpro one which, doesn’t suit the car at all.

Were you able to retain factory mic?

Thanks