Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAPA SuperCharger kits

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I agree with LJS-UTE. The bolt ons that at the front of the motor, i believe people are having some issues with them. Raptors strength is their re tuned chip they supply which is pretty good deal. Means your car is tuned/drivable from the word go.

But i would rather go with the top mounted supercharger, like the YT one or the Whipple etc. They are apparently more reliable, less backfires, but yes the Raptor probably produces the most power. I also want to run mine on LPG, and apparently the Raptors can do so as well, but the top mount setup with fix the lpg mixer etc much easier. I cant see where there is any room to put anything else with the Raptor and CAPA charger.

for starters your talking about 2 totally different type of chargers. if you bolt the l67 charger onto a stock bottom end l36 ecotec your gauranteed to root the pistons. bolt on a raptor type charger and drive away laughing. of course it's all in the tune, run to much timing in any engine and your going to rattle it to death, thats no different if it's n/a or charged

you can't blame the supercharger manufacturer if you get a bad tune done and it kills the engine. the reason people like raptor provide tunes as part of the package is 1. it's a drive away deal, you know exactly what your getting and you know it works. and 2. it stops bad operators installing equipment and having stuff come back and giving the charger/kit manufacturer a bad name

WannaBaDrifter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6 S1
Thanks i'll look into those kits. I'm here 2 learn

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
for starters your talking about 2 totally different type of chargers. if you bolt the l67 charger onto a stock bottom end l36 ecotec your gauranteed to root the pistons. bolt on a raptor type charger and drive away laughing. of course it's all in the tune, run to much timing in any engine and your going to rattle it to death, thats no different if it's n/a or charged

you can't blame the supercharger manufacturer if you get a bad tune done and it kills the engine. the reason people like raptor provide tunes as part of the package is 1. it's a drive away deal, you know exactly what your getting and you know it works. and 2. it stops bad operators installing equipment and having stuff come back and giving the charger/kit manufacturer a bad name

The top mount supercharger kit YT make for ecotecs is a direct bolt on. Only thing required is a tune. Possibly i think new head gaskets are required to lower compression.

Yella Terra - Part details

I like the idea of the upgraded billet fuel rails etc. Its way more work, but a more reliable option.

But yes the Raptors are doing pretty well.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Didn't see this thread, always seem to miss the action :)

As said above, there are plenty of instances of our product doing the job, fits right on easily with no disassembly of the engine itself (ie no removing cylinder heads etc), no machine work (no need to machine crank pulley) and comes with a safe tune that can actually make big power with some fine adjustment. It has the big injectors etc so the job is done properly the first time and there is enough boost (up to 10psi) to make your adrenalin gland function :) . Our kits are designed to perform within the limits of the stock engine and also importantly within the abilities of the average weekend mechanic.

Anyhow we are an option among others but take a look, check it all out if there are any deficiencies let me know and I will see if anything can be done to address them.

Raptor Superchargers or check out the sponsors section of the forum, plenty info there and we add a trickle more all the time.