Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caprice V and the Calais V What Door material used inside

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Just purchased From CCP
1/ Dr. Beasley's Microsuede and Alcantara Cleaner 360mL
2/ Dr. Beasley's Microsuede and Alcantara Protection 360mL
3/ Mint Microfibre Economy Cloth

The Next time I go to Bunnings I will have to buy a Larger new box that I bough months ago to house all this CCP stuff.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Just purchased From CCP
1/ Dr. Beasley's Microsuede and Alcantara Cleaner 360mL
2/ Dr. Beasley's Microsuede and Alcantara Protection 360mL
3/ Mint Microfibre Economy Cloth

The Next time I go to Bunnings I will have to buy a Larger new box that I bough months ago to house all this CCP stuff.

let us know how you go, I assume you have a light coloured strip?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Right!!!
After speaking to my Daughter my Daughter told me when she found the Leather cleaner was damage a very small section of this Alcantara (she tested first) strip when she started doing it she stopped and cleaned the leather seats without touching that Alcantara strip again. She cleaned on the edge of it.
Now I have to buy more stuff from CCP but this time I will wait because my Daughters boy friend shares a flat with one of the guys that works for CCP.
Yeah, coincidence.
You're Daughter is a smart cookie. Lucky! I haven't used the Gyeon Q2M you mentioned. So, I'm not sure about that. Just get a mild cleaner like the Bowdens Fabracadabra that @Holden17 mentioned. Use it sparingly and dab on, then brush gently in one direction. You won't go too far wrong. It's a very durable fabric. HSV's and for example Motorsports have a lot more of it on the seats. It's widely used on far more expensive cars too. My Redline has the same Titanium colour as yours and it still looks near new after 6+ years. I only clean it about once a year. It just needs it be treated well. Of course, if it's not looked after, it will get embedded with grime and turn to crap.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
You're Daughter is a smart cookie. Lucky! I haven't used the Gyeon Q2M you mentioned. So, I'm not sure about that. Just get a mild cleaner like the Bowdens Fabracadabra that @Holden17 mentioned. Use it sparingly and dab on, then brush gently in one direction. You won't go too far wrong. It's a very durable fabric. HSV's and for example Motorsports have a lot more of it on the seats. It's widely used on far more expensive cars too. My Redline has the same Titanium colour as yours and it still looks near new after 6+ years. I only clean it about once a year. It just needs it be treated well. Of course, if it's not looked after, it will get embedded with grime and turn to crap.
Done a google on alcantara and I got Cars worth from $70,000 to 5 Million Bugatti which the car has around 60% of the interior with this alcantara. WoW to have alcantara for a holden its unbelievable .LOL.lOL.LOL.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Sorry I don’t have the leather...SV6 & SS seats only have the ‘pleather’ type bolsters on which I use the Fabra Cadabra gently on it all. Yeah bigger issue would be treating the leather correctly.
Are ssv seats leather or pleather?
Been looking to clean and treat my seats but wasnt sure if they are leather.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Cheers.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I just use autoglym leather cleaner sprayed on the seats then agitate with a soft brush then wipe of with a microfibre cloth,
then apply some autoglym leather conditioner to a microfibre pad and massage on to anything leather looking ie: Front/back seats, door arm rest, dash and anything that looks like leather and the interior looks like new.

I tend to do this every 6 month

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just use autoglym leather cleaner sprayed on the seats then agitate with a soft brush then wipe of with a microfibre cloth,
then apply some autoglym leather conditioner to a microfibre pad and massage on to anything leather looking ie: Front/back seats, door arm rest, dash and anything that looks like leather and the interior looks like new.

I tend to do this every 6 month
Good for the seats but not on the strips in the middle that are alcantara